Reinstalling Windows via Bootcamp
    So I'm trying to reinstall windows, but I'm using an old backup copy of my windows xp cd, so I'm not sure if it'll still work... I don't suppose I can reinstall it without a CD can I? I tried to run boot camp, and I don't think I can install a 3rd partition as a test for the CD, and it looked like the only way to get the reinstall windows is to remove my windows partition and then install a new one. If I kill my windows partition, is there any way to get it back if my CD fails?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    In order to reinstall Windows XP you will need the original CD that you used to install it in the first place. You mentioned backup copy. What kind of backup copy are you referring to? Windows XP must be a full install copy and be at least SP2. Only a genuine MS boxed copy or a system builder's version will work.

Regards.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I would recommend backing it up with WinClone and then trying your disc to reinstall. If it doesn't work, you can easily restore it using WinClone.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Hi, i replied earlier with a full post on how to fix this issue. I didnt relize what i had said was against the post rules by refering to torrents (i was just joking around, no insinuations were made) id just like to apologizing about saying that, and if you would like to see my reply which solves your issues, email me at Punkrocker711717@gmail.com and i will send it to you there, sorry, i just would like to not infringe on the rules on this board.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by punkrocker7117 View Post
    Hi, i replied earlier with a full post on how to fix this issue. I didnt relize what i had said was against the post rules by refering to torrents (i was just joking around, no insinuations were made) id just like to apologizing about saying that, and if you would like to see my reply which solves your issues, email me at Punkrocker711717@gmail.com and i will send it to you there, sorry, i just would like to not infringe on the rules on this board.
    That was not the only reason I deleted your post. Your method doesn't even work for you (as is evidenced by your thread asking for help with it), why would you recommend it to others?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information