New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Imac With pocket projector on windows

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gonecrazy

gonecrazy is on a distinguished road

Ok i bought this pocket projector off the apple site and i was really excited coz i so far can connect it to my satelitte reciever and watch tv of it and i can connect it to my iphone aswell and i now have bought the mini dvi - video cable from apple site aswell to try and use it with my IMAC it worked fine on the mac site but (by the way im using the s-video in the video cable and then it goes to a s-video - phono) im a big windows user and i have everything on my windows site games and stuff movies and so on i tryed on windows but i would not work i could activate it in the minitor settings but the screen on the projector stayed blue nothing happened i have tryed everything i think soon i cant get to update the graphics driver for some reason either i dont know what to do now
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I'm having a difficult time understanding your post... but it may be that you do not have the correct drivers installed for Windows or the display settings are not setup correctly. Since it works OK on the Mac side and does not work with Windows, that's a good possibility. A projector is like an external display. You have to choose the correct resolution and color depth. Also, make sure Windows recognizes the pocket projector before you begin the setup.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
gonecrazy

gonecrazy is on a distinguished road

Ye im sorry but im bit confused my self. how do can i update the drivers ?. how do i make sure windows reconizes the projector?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

In Windows, (you didn't say which version of Windows) open the hardware tree. Control Panel -> System -> Hardware. Does the projector appear under displays?

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

didanyoneelse read that subjectline sofast that youthoughtitsaid pocket protector?

idid
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Graphics drivers in Bootcamp (4:3 aspect ratio) | Display Resolutions changed for Mac after creating Bootcamp »