New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Bootcamp Partitioning Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Maki

Maki is on a distinguished road

I tried using bootcamp to partition and load Win XP on my MacBook, when it boots from the xp disc it only sees one partition and it is always seen as 131gb no matter how larger or small i make it. Any ideas on what could cause this? I already had to reload 10.6 as it erased it.
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

You mean you tried, or you actually partitioned the drive using Bootcamp?

QUOTE Thanks
Maki

I partitioned it with Bootcamp and with the boot disk. After i partition and reboot with windows in the drive it fails to recognize anything other that a single 131gb partition. It has never been partitioned that size.
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

And when you're running your MacOSX... do you see a second partition there, labeled "BOOTCAMP"?

QUOTE Thanks
Maki

yes i do.
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Okay, weird....
Try restarting in MacOSX, load the bootcamp assistant, restore the HDD into one MacOSX partition.
Restart, load the bootcamp assistant again and create a new partition.
Try the 32GB option.
Insert your Windows Install Disc
This time don't install via the bootcamp assistant, but restart wile holding the option key, and choose "Windows".

It should install now, if it doesn't there must be something wrong with your install disc.

QUOTE Thanks
Maki

i have tried multiple discs, one stated error booting from cd drive, one just went to a black screeen with a blinking cursor, and one does what i described, ill try that tonight and get back with the results. thanks btw
QUOTE Thanks
Maki

ok well i figured it out, i finally found a disc that boot camp liked, i guess it was just the copies of xp it had a problem with. Thanks for all the help.
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

You are very fortunate to have so many XP discs, I myself can afford only one.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dare I Say It? | Keylogger detection software »