New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Entourage 2004

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hoov

Hi!!
I've just ordered "Tiger" and I'm now slowly but surely starting to back up everything from my harddisk to cd. I'm going to reformat the drive when Tiger arrives, and "clean up, and make a fresh start"!

Does anyone know if by backing up the folder /username/documents/microsoft user data will in fact back up EVERYTHING in Entourage?? Mails, deleted mails, sent items, address book etc. etc. Because there's a heck of a lot of data in there to get lost during a reformat, and backing everything up manually seems pretty tedious!! I've considered Entourage Email Archive X, but I can't seem to work out if it also backs up the address book as well as everything else, though I haven't downloaded it.
Regards
HOOV
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Backup your entire drive before you do that type of an install because you'll never get everything that you need otherwise.. once you've backed up everything, then you can reformat, install tiger and then slowly migrate everything over.. you throw in the folder you mentioned above and if it works.. great! if not, then you'll need to find the other components.. and this way you'll definitely have them since you have a full backup.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Nextel tones and wallpaper programs? | OS 9 password problem »