New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows - Help with installing Windows XP on Boot Camp

Thread Closed

CashFlow

CashFlow is an unknown at this point

O.K. so I have a problem with installing Windows XP SP2 OEM (downloaded version) on Boot Camp.

I have gone thru the processes until I have to load the Boot cd from the tray, That's when I put in the cd-r with ONLY an iso file in it. It doesn't work
I really don't have any idea HOW I should burn the cd, so please, please tell me EVERYTHING on how to create a bootable cd for boot camp.

I have already used three cd's Trying to make the layout different.
I have a unibody-MB and a "time-machine" backup, the latest Leopard 10.5.8 and I do have a PC at home if necessary

Thankz!
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

From where was this Windows XP SP2 OEM downloaded?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
CashFlow

CashFlow is an unknown at this point

...cut...

I didn't want to buy windows XP so I torrented it.

...cut...
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Sorry, but we do not assist with pirated/illegal software.

From our Community Guidelines:

Quote:
Respect copyrights and the law.
Don’t discuss or conduct content theft or any other illegal activity. Period. We follow U.S. law on the forums, so just because something might be legal in your country doesn’t mean it will be allowed here. If you’re ever in doubt, contact one of the moderators before you post.
If you really want or have the need for Windows on your Mac, I would suggest you invest in your own legal copy of the software.

If it's not worth the investment, don't use it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Closed

« VM Ware Fusion - USB BUG Code Blue Screen Error | Wireless Drivers for BootCamp »