New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows - External Hard Drive with NTFS partition unusable with Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rakesh.shanbhag

rakesh.shanbhag is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I was trying to copy a large chunk of data from my Mac to Seagate external Hard drive(500GB), but Mac kept saying that it can't copy. However copying a small files(4-10 mb size) doesn't seems to bother Mac.

I checked on the internet and somewhere it was mentioned that to copy larger file, the partition type must be MAC OS compatible.

I moved all the files/data from partition A to partition B and changed the type to MAC via disk utility. The process abruptly terminated and now I can't see any drives or data.
In short I lost everything and now when I connect my external drive, I keep saying " can't connect to external drive" with initialize option.

Does any one have any clue for this problem? Can I somehow get my files back?
I check with some service providers who can retrieve the data and they are quoting 350-400 to do this. Thats costing a fortune...
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for reading and helping me.

Cheers,
Rakesh
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Which your favourite OS other than mac OSX? | Is VMWare capable of Vista? »