New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Printing jsut a selection

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lokerd

I sure am glad to have found this group. I have returned to Mac after a 6 year absence and have gotten rather behind in the MacWorld.

Unfortunately, I have learned several neat features from the other world...that I would really like to do on the Mac.

1. Is there a way, work around or software, to print just a highlighted selection?

2. Can a window be resized by any other way other than the resize box (lower right corner)?

3. Is there any way to force the OS to expand windows ALL the way open, not just part of the screen? It seems to be different in every different program. Is there software to intercept the expand button and make the window go all the way filling the entire screen?

Thanks!
Drew
QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

For Question 3 :

Took me a while to get used to this too. There is no fullscreen windows in OSX. Which was really weird, because in Windows you almost NEED to have windows open all the way, all the time. At least for me. I am afraid you can't do this in OSX.

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
Sandy

Hi Drew,
I used Windows for ages and had a problem with that too. I find it really irritating. The way to do it depends on the program you are in while printing.

If I am printing using Moxzilla browser, I do
File
Print
Then on the drop down menu, select "Mozilla"
Then select "Print Selection Only".

You can't do this with every program, unfortunately. It doesn't work for Safari. It also does not work with Appleworks.

Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokerd
I sure am glad to have found this group. I have returned to Mac after a 6 year absence and have gotten rather behind in the MacWorld.

Unfortunately, I have learned several neat features from the other world...that I would really like to do on the Mac.

1. Is there a way, work around or software, to print just a highlighted selection?

2. Can a window be resized by any other way other than the resize box (lower right corner)?

3. Is there any way to force the OS to expand windows ALL the way open, not just part of the screen? It seems to be different in every different program. Is there software to intercept the expand button and make the window go all the way filling the entire screen?

Thanks!
Drew
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys
For Question 3 :

Took me a while to get used to this too. There is no fullscreen windows in OSX. Which was really weird, because in Windows you almost NEED to have windows open all the way, all the time. At least for me. I am afraid you can't do this in OSX.
Ive found that this is better for multi tasking, especially being able to use drag and drop system wide. plus, it makes use of better muscle memory for navigating the menus up top.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacNav with Compuserve | Spyware on my Mac? »