New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows - Should I install an antivirus if I have the office suite?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

boubou29

boubou29 is on a distinguished road

I keep reading different comments about whether to install an antivirus on my macbook or not. I have installed microsoft office and I wonder if my mac could get infected as a result. I've just received a warning from windows and I don't know what to do. I know nearly nothing about computers , what the right or wrong thing to do is so I would really appreciate some advice.
Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

If you're running Windows, it's a good idea to run AntiVirus software.
If you're not running Windows, then you don't have much to worry about.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

The antivirus is so you will not pass a MS windows virus on to other windows users should you exchange files with other windows users.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« XP problem | Microphone Settings TS/Skype »