New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows - no sound in windows 7....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ajiir

ajiir is on a distinguished road

Hello guys...I'm running a version of windows 7 on my imac to check it out...i had vista on it previously, and it had sound (with the bootcamp drivers of course). I installed windows 7 on my macbook pro, and the sound worked fine on my laptop. However, I installed windows 7 and all the bootcamp drivers on my imac, and no sound....any ideas as to why this might be? I tried a fresh install....fresh format...everything. I'm clueless as to why it would work on my macbook but not my imac. Thanks for your brainstorming!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Common problem. Some folks have resolved it by downloading and installing the latest Realtek drivers. Try here.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
kurganxy

kurganxy is on a distinguished road

Im having this same problem on my 17" imac. I tried the realtek audio drivers but no sound comes out of the speakers. Funny thing is that if i use a set of ear buds i can hear it just fine. Any ideas on how i can get sound to come out of my speakers? Im running windows 7 32 bit. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
gagnerants

gagnerants is a jewel in the roughgagnerants is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro

Just gotta hold out till windows 7 hits stores, by that time most developers would have already launched win 7 drivers, or wait for apple to announce full support for it.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurganxy View Post
Im having this same problem on my 17" imac. I tried the realtek audio drivers but no sound comes out of the speakers. Funny thing is that if i use a set of ear buds i can hear it just fine. Any ideas on how i can get sound to come out of my speakers? Im running windows 7 32 bit. Thanks
If you're getting sound out of your earbuds, the drivers are working OK in Win 7. Make sure you go into control panel and check all the sound settings especially muting.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
ajiir

ajiir is on a distinguished road

the realtek drivers solved my problem for sound....now im having an issue trying to run a video games...
QUOTE Thanks
Windowsproblems

Windowsproblems is on a distinguished road

I downloaded the realtek Audio Drivers and i still cant hear anything with headphones or without any solutions?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« running windows software on mac? | Installing windows 8 upgrade on mac »