New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows - Anyone have unzipped drivers for XP bootcamp install?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RussWWFC

RussWWFC is on a distinguished road

Hi. I am trying to install the drivers for my Windows XP partition on Bootcamp. I do not have my original OSX disc as I bought my Macbook second hand, though I have contacted the seller to ask where it is.

Anyway, I read on another forum that the drivers were available to download from the Apple website and that you didn't need the DVD - see here

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm/927490.html

But I can't get the file to open in XP, I double click it - nothing happens. I right click it and select Run as.... and depending whether or not the protection box is ticked it either does nothing or opens up the installer with the message that files cannot be found.

So I need the drivers in unzipped format to burn onto a CD. Then that way I can get XP to read from the CD when it detects new hardware, or if that fails just set it up from the device manager.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The only drivers available for Boot Camp that you can download from the Apple site is the Boot Camp 2.1 update. The file is a Windows executable and must be run from within Windows.

The original Boot Camp drivers 2.0 which are on the Leopard disk are not available from Apple as a separate download. They are available however, from certain sites that I personally would not trust.

Your best bet is to spring for a retail copy of Leopard. You're going to need to have a set of original install disks anyway. And, it would appear the seller has kept the originals for himself. He should have included them with the sale since they're model specific and can not be used on another Mac unless it's the same exact model.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot Camp Assistant: Partitiong Error | Unable to access Windows Boot Camp partition after erasing it »