Macbook windows install problem
    Hi.
    First of, let me just explain that I am a total noob when it comes to mac. Got a mac from my m8 and was tryin to fix it because he said it wouldnt boot.

Too make a long story short, I am now sitting with Ubuntu loaded from dvd, with no OS on the hd, and no OS X dvd. The hd got the 200mb ntfs boot partition, and 74gb unallocated.

Is there any way to get OS X installed trough network from a PC?
    Or can I install Windows directly. Have tried setting up different kind of partitions, but none of them are accepted by windows in setup.

Any help is appreciated.

Tnx

Specs:
    rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
    In my experience it seems like you need to have Mac OS X running to get BootCamp started and in turn start the Windows Installation. Maybe you can find a Mac OS X CD somewhere else to install from... you have the computer and so you should be allowed to install it ...

If I am wrong, someone please correct me because I am not 100% sure...
    My Blog: Apple Laptops

After alot of phone calls and so on, i managed to get my hands on a Mac OS X 10.4.6 (812025).
    Booted up and got an error saying: Warning, Software can not be installed on this machine. (its in norwegian, so roughly translated)
    I figured then it was a partition issue of sort as i have formated the whole disk, so i booted the disk tool, and made 1 Mac OS Extended partition. Rebootet and still get the same error message. Is this because the OS X wount install on this MacBook or could there be another problem?
    I'm sittin on a MacBook2,1 2ghz with 1gb mem.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    It depends on the disc. If you are using a System Disc from another Mac model, it won't work. You'll need the discs that came with that machine.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    NOTE: Merged cross-posted threads.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Os X install on a blank MacBook 2.1
    After alot of phone calls and so on, i managed to get my hands on a Mac OS X 10.4.6 (812025).
    Booted up and got an error saying: Warning, Software can not be installed on this machine. (its in norwegian, so roughly translated)
    I figured then it was a partition issue of sort as the mac have been formated with no partitions of any kind, so i booted the disk tool, and made 1 Mac OS Extended partition. Rebootet and still get the same error message. Is this because the OS X wount install on this MacBook or could there be another problem?
    I'm sittin on a MacBook2,1 2ghz with 1gb mem.

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    It depends on the disc. If you are using a System Disc from another Mac model, it won't work. You'll need the discs that came with that machine.
    Here comes the problem, I dont have the disc that came with this MacBook.
    Is there any way to get any OS installed on it exept Linux?
    Id rather not send it in as it cost's alot of money and takes way too long time

Specs:
    Sure. You can either purchase a replacement set of discs from Apple, purchase a retail copy of OS X Leopard, or go on eBay and try to find System Discs for a MacBook 2,1 model.

Thread Information