New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

All adobe software unexpectedly quits on launch

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

emmarandom

My Mac (867hz dual processor mirror door G4 - OSX 10.3.8) had a funny 5 minutes where it got stuck in a sleep loop. Having got out of that, on the next startup, the monitor went weird - kind of fish-eye lens effect. I seemed to have sorted that, but since then, all my adobe software will not launch. Photoshop seems to be starting, gets the bit on that start-up screen where it says 'reading fonts' then unexpectedly quits. All other Adobe softwares just bounce in the dock and disappear (Illustrator 10 & all of creative suite, Adobe Acrobat Professional - although bizarrely Distiller 6 loads OK, Photoshop 7 & CS) - All other software is fine, Quark etc. I've tried various troubleshoots, repairing permissions, re-installing, getting rid of preferences and caches, temporarily removing the Library:Fonts and App Support fonts etc, but nothing has worked - HELP!
QUOTE Thanks
willc0de4food

willc0de4food is on a distinguished road

we installed creative suite 2 on my friends imac g4, 1.33GHz w/768MB ram, and for some reason the exact same problems are happening to him. distiller works fine, but photoshop gets to the "reading fonts" screen and then dies, and the rest just dance around in the dock. and since theres pretty much nothing on google and this post has no replies, i was wondering if anyone could help out now?
he's not having all of the other problems described by the OP, but the adobe problems all apply.
any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
willc0de4food

willc0de4food is on a distinguished road

so we found that there was a corrupted font installed.
the fonts name was "99"

so if anyone else has this problem, disable your non-standard fonts and see if it works. if it does, go through the other fonts until you find the one thats corrupted
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bootcamp - issue with 'disk checking' | How fast does sytem properties report CPU Speed? »