Problem Installing Windows with Boot Camp
    I was partitioning my disk so I could install windows, but my computer had turned black for a few seconds, but its a minor problem that can be fixed by turning it off for me.

So anyway, after restarting, I hadn't canceled my Boot Camp Partitioning because I couldn't see the screen. When I got on, I had my Mac Drive still there, and I didn't have a Windows Drive. I checked out Boot Camp, hoping to delete the other drive. A message popped up saying I needed at least 10 Gigs to partition.

I was shocked. I checked out my Mac drive, to find all space I wanted to partition was used up mysteriously. I only had used about 40 gigs and wanted to partition about 65.

Is there a way I can restore my Mac drive back to its normal self without reinstalling Mac?

Extra Info:
    I have a 110 Gig Drive.

If you partitioned using Boot Camp, then I would open Boot Camp Assistant, and select the restore option to restore the drive to a single partition. Then start over. Not sure why you're getting the screen issue - was your Windows disk in the machine at that point? You should be sure you are using a single disk, full retail or OEM system builders version of Windows (for XP, either SP2 or SP3). Also, if you haven't done it yet, print out and go step by step thru the Boot Camp installation guide - some steps are counterintuitive and its easy to make the wrong choice. The guide is really essential, IMO.

Cheers

Thanks for the suggestion, but I said before that when I open Boot Camp, A message pops up saying I need 10 Gigabytes or more to partition the disc. I only have the Mac drive available.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    What does Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.app) tell you about your current disk arrangement (left pane)?
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Thread Information