New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Can't Set Up Wireless Network in Windows (installed via Boot Camp)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jlsmith83

jlsmith83 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15.4, 8GB iPhone, 80 GB iPod Video

I ran Boot Camp the other night, got windows all set up right. However, I'm having a hard time getting my wireless network all set up. For some reason, I'm not finding the wireless card on the MacBook. Does anyone have a good hint for me to help set up my network on Windows XP. Its Windows XP home, if that helps you out. Maybe I'm overlooking something at the same time. I have a Belkin wireless router that we run off of, do I need to run the software that came with that? All/any help is appreciated. Thanks!

*Sweet Home Alabama plays in the background*
"Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash. "
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Sounds like it may be a missing driver. Windows XP should have no problem seeing your airport card. First off then, did you install the Windows drivers from your Leopard disk after setting up Boot Camp and installing XP?

The Leopard disk contains drivers for your video, sound, keyboard, mouse, iSight, and airport card. You can confirm whether or not the airport card is recognized and that a driver for it has been installed by opening the hardware tree. Control Panel -> System -> Hardware Devices.

Expand the tree and check to see if all your drivers are installed. You can tell if a device is not working as XP will place an exclamation mark (!) next to it. Post back and we can go from there. You should not need to install software for the Belkin router.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
jlsmith83

No I didn't even think about putting in my Leopard disk. What do I need to look for when I put the disk in?

"Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash. "
QUOTE Thanks
BC-Bruce

BC-Bruce is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: New Macbook w 4 GB RAM & 320 GB HD

If you just put the disk in, it'll detect Windows and ask you if you want to install the drivers...

At least that's how mine worked!
QUOTE Thanks
jlsmith83

Awesome, that'll make everything even easier. Thanks for the help! I'll get to it here in a bit once I finish my web work.

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsmith83 View Post
No I didn't even think about putting in my Leopard disk. What do I need to look for when I put the disk in?
Ever hear the saying "RTM"... READ THE MANUAL! Link Been there, done the same thing myself. Have fun.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminoamino View Post
???????????????
I could ask the same of you.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« internet issues with xp? | Windows crashing. »