New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows - Problem with CoD4 / Windows 7 x64 Partition

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

revel

revel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black Macbook, 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD

I decided to try out Windows 7 build 7057 after I read numerous reports of the integrated card x3100 working very well on Windows 7.

I use XP Pro normally for my casual gaming (like CoD4) but I figured if I could get a performance increase and a better os to boot - then why not?

I installed it fine, and then installed CoD4. I cannot find any servers in multiplayer. I've searched all of the web and come up with things like: check the port forwarding on your router, check your firewall settings, etc. One suggested trying the console command /connect to manually connect to an IP and came up with "your ping is too high" and "server timed out/disconnected".

That makes a lot of sense. However, even with the firewall off and the ports forwarded, I still can't connect.

Twist is, my brother is a casual gamer as well and decided to give the same build a whirl (x64 as well) and dual booted his HP laptop. He has had no problems whatsoever, and we were using the same internet connection at the time.

I debated posting this in a CoD4 forum, but I felt that maybe since I was using a Macbook and Boot Camp that it would be better suited here.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Proud Macbook owner.
I revel in it.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

The problem probably lies in Windows 7. While it may work on the HP laptop, there is no guarantee that it will work on another PC and even more so on a Mac. You would be best to downgrade back to XP Pro.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Mac-Forums Investigates MacKeeper - Confused about MacKeeper? Take a look at this review.
QUOTE Thanks
revel

Okay, thanks.

Just wondering if there was some hope.

I backed up my XP with winclone, so I'll probably just revert back.

Proud Macbook owner.
I revel in it.
QUOTE Thanks
LongJnSilver

LongJnSilver is on a distinguished road

Where can I find a safe site from which to D/L the Windows 7 Beta build 7057? Where did you find yours?
Thanx.
- LJSLVR -
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I got Windows 7 through MS when they released it to the public which I believe was build 7000. I'm pretty sure that was the only build of Windows 7 that was released to the public.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Mac-Forums Investigates MacKeeper - Confused about MacKeeper? Take a look at this review.
QUOTE Thanks
revel

You can download Windows 7 RC build on their website. Cheers.

Proud Macbook owner.
I revel in it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I/O device error when installing windows xp on mac using virtualbox | Can not use iSight on XP? »