New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows - Trouble installing Mac Drivers

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sirithaniel

sirithaniel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13 Inch Black MacBook: Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 2 GHz Intel core Duo Tiger 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Hello I am running Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 2 GHz Intel core Duo which i believe would make it a Tiger

and I have used Bootcamp to install Windows XP Professional Version 5.1 ( Build 2600.xpclient.010817-1148) now don`t go all like "Bootcamp says you need service pack 2 and that`s why it wont work" because here`s the thing

over a year ago when i bought this mac i installed mac and did the Bootcamp thing and installed this very same windows on this very same computer without a hitch now a few months ago windows came up with a registry error which is a common thing for windows to break on apparently many friends advised me it would be best to just wipe the windows partition and reinstall

much to my dismay i did just that, i will spare you the grizzly details

having installed windows it appeared that the mac drivers are having trouble installing

at first it asked for a usbehci.sys file but one of my friends managed to fix that

by running a program i found on halfdone.com to a disk in windows (first i had to transfer it to my windows partition via on mac mode becouse obviously my internet wont work on windows until this gets fixed)it gave me a long list of things which i assume is more specifically which drivers and things I`m missing which is this

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

my friend did some things which got a few of the drivers installed which leaves me with these

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

i first get this error message while running the mac drivers install program

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: error1.jpg

then this one

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: error2.jpg

i have tried downloading the chipsets from the intel website and installing them but to no avail

so i am basically running out of ideas on how to get these drivers to work

any help on this would be very much appreciated
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Solution: Upgrade to Leopard. Buy an OEM copy of XP SP2 Home at NewEgg and install using the latest version of Boot Camp instead of using an expired beta.

Or, slipstream SP2 into your copy of XP Pro. Slipstream software for free here (Autostreamer). Link

You'll need to download SP2 from MS and you'll also need a Windows PC to do the slipstreaming.

REgards.
QUOTE Thanks
sirithaniel

Mac Specs: 13 Inch Black MacBook: Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 2 GHz Intel core Duo Tiger 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Well I would like to keep both my Tiger and the version iv got of Windows XP and i really don`t want to have to go and buy new software.

and as i have said before since Bootcamp and everything installed fine the first time on both those i don`t see any reason to upgrade to Leopard or SP2

any alternative suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

The reason to upgrade to Leopard and SP2 is in the first post above. This would include:

You are out of ideas on how to make something work that the developers say will not work.

The rest of us are using the final release of BootCamp and are installing XP with SP2 (which, as noted above, you can do for free by slipstreaming it into your current copy of XP), so we don't have any ideas either.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

If you feel that you'd really like to stick with Tiger the very least you need to do is slipstream your current XP install with SP2.

If you're not prepared to do that (it's free after all) then I suspect, while you may eventually succeed getting it installed you'll likely suffer further problems down the line.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
sirithaniel

i wonder actually whether my windows version is actually supposed to be SP2 but is a bit broken or something

anyway i have downloaded the autostreamer thing and ill go install it on my windows so then what do i do :-) ?(remember i cant use internet in windows at the moment)
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute

Download SP2 standalone installer from the MS site while in Mac OS then copy it into the Windows partition.

Once the ISO is created in the slipstream app you may want to go back into Mac OS and burn it from there if you can't burn discs in windows

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
sirithaniel

okiedoke downloading it now

iv downloaded this thing from th mac site which lets you write to NTFS files so i can read and write on my windows partition via ma so im working via that instead of burning to dvds i just mentioned i in case a direct download was somehow required (im not as tech savy as id like to be)

i like the wookie comment btw
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

You'll still need to burn you're newly created XPSP2 disc image to CD. Then do a clean install. I wouldn't try an 'in-place' upgrade to SP2.

QUOTE Thanks
sirithaniel

clean install? as in wipe my windows partition again and reinstall ? or installing and thus upgrading ? or just installing the additional components?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Quote:
as in wipe my windows partition again and reinstall
Yes. Boot from the new xpsp2 disc and format the windows partition during setup

QUOTE Thanks
sirithaniel

okiedoke so i reinstalled windows using the service pack 2 disk i burned and it looks alot better and alot more drivers managed to install and i can rightclick again (yay) but were not quite there yet sadly

i now have wireless optionswich i didnt have before but it cant connect and when i try and repair the connection it gets stuck on renewing IP adress so i had another look at the drivers and

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6199/driver1.jpg

the PCI drives arent installed and the USB Human Interface Device cannot start apparently i tried installing the additional components form the windows install disk and then tried installing all teh mac drivers again i doesnt say that the mac drivers didnt install properly but those things are still missing

what do i do?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Apart from trying the Leopard drivers I'm out of ideas I'm afraid.

QUOTE Thanks
sirithaniel

feeling quite silly now the reason why it still wasnt working in teh end becouse i was trying to use the wrong password for accessing teh internet

thank you guys very much! if i you hadnt made me realise that windows didnt instal properly it would never have gotten fixed!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firefox button | Program to record audio playing on my computer? »