New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows - Error message for Boot Camp partition

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

veganjustice

veganjustice is on a distinguished road

When i boot into Vista at the boot ing Windows Vista black screen, i get an error message that says...

Warning: unrecognized partition table for drive 80. please rebuild it using a Microsoft-compatible FDISK tool(err=4)
System tyhpe is NTFS, partition type 0x7

then it goes, and lists that a couple more times, then it boots into Vista.

This is the whole issue...
I just had an internal drive crash, so I purchased a 1TB and installed it into my 2ghz iMac. Everything went great, and now I am in the midst of reinstalling all my apps. I then partitioned the drive for 53 gigs with Boot Camp and installed Vista 32bit with sp1. And when I boot into the Boot Camp partition, that is the error I get, but then it finally after listing that about 4 or so times boots fine into Vista. I have installed many things now on that partition under Windows and everything seems perfect with it, it is just I get that error.

Will this cause any problems? Will Disc Utility read any errors with that partition on the Mac side?

Anyone seen that before?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Smackintosh

Smackintosh is on a distinguished road

this can be caused by using a pirate copy of vista that is trying to bypass activation.

if this is not the case here are a few suggested fixes:

1. here SOLVED: Unrecognized Partition Table for Drive 80 | Lancelhoff.com

2. a program called EasyBCD located here
QUOTE Thanks
veganjustice

veganjustice is on a distinguished road

haha, this is certainly not a pirated copy.
I needed this for my business, first Microsoft product I have ever purchased in my 20+ years of being an Apple user. Ruined a beautiful streak!

When I get home I'll give those two links a try and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks a lot!

Jordan
QUOTE Thanks
Smackintosh

Smackintosh is on a distinguished road

good deal. Either one of those links should work. I hope the situation gets fixed.
QUOTE Thanks
sa_ndoeth

sa_ndoeth is on a distinguished road

I've done it! But, my vista installation is not genuine. How i can make it genuine.. I've read from many forums on the internet. After i run the Microsoft Vista Activator and restart my comp. I got the blank screen and appears an error msg like before but the product key is work well. How can i change it? If i install one of them, they back like before...
any solution?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows on a mac | How to allocate RAM on Parallels windows »