New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows - How to run a 64-bit Windows Vista on a MacBook Pro (late 2008 model)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shevchenko

shevchenko is on a distinguished road

I recently purchased the new MacBook Pro and I want to install windows vista to play some good windows games. I read that 64-bit Vista allows more gigs of memory to be utilised so I want to install a 64-bit version of Vista. I did some reading and discovered that it can be done but you need to download some extra drivers that come with the Mac Pro (or something like that), but then i discovered that Bootcamp 2.1 has these drivers so i now am unsure about how to install vista 64-bit. I am familiar with how to install windows XP as i installed XP with my old macBook, but I have trouble with Vista and when detail about extra drivers and other features is required. So would someone be able to tell me what else i need to download and install and how to do it, considering i already have the new bootcamp (BCUpdateVista64.exe) but nothing else. I dont even know which 64-bit vista i should purchase. thankyou, your help will be greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Do you have 4GB of memory? If not, then there's really no point in trying to install Vista 64. Even if you do have 4GB of memory, Vista 32 will still utilize 3.3GB of it, plenty just to play some games, especially on a Macbook Pro where memory is the last thing that will be limiting gaming performance.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
shevchenko

yes, i have 4gb of memory, 2.83gHz intel core 2 duo processor. i really only want vista to play games like the fifa 09, the new call of duty and a few other shooting games. so do you think that vista 32 will be fine?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shevchenko View Post
yes, i have 4gb of memory, 2.83gHz intel core 2 duo processor. i really only want vista to play games like the fifa 09, the new call of duty and a few other shooting games. so do you think that vista 32 will be fine?
Absolutely. Those games aren't 64-bit code anyway.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
shevchenko

Great thanks for that
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Excel 2008 is insanely slow | Standby »