New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows - Boot camp Questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

skcuf

skcuf is on a distinguished road

I am new to the Mac world and I was just wondering about boot camp. Can I use boot camp with a CD from an old PC. One of those that says "for reinstallation". Or would I have to buy a whole new windows CD to run boot camp. I was just wondering because I need to run visual basic for school and this is obviously done by using Windows. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

For both technical and legal reasons, you may not use a reinstallation disc. It must be either a retail copy of Windows XP with SP2 or an OEM "for system builders" copy (which you can get from NewEgg.com for about $100).

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/win...ers-guide.html

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
skcuf

skcuf is on a distinguished road

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for.
QUOTE Thanks
EdH

EdH is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro(5.1), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB hdd

Depending on the school (I am assuming college or university) and program you are enrolled in, you may be able to grab a free copy of windows. When I studyied programming, all the software we needed was provided through MSDN: visual studio 03, 05, and 08, Project Professional, Visio, etc. etc. including the windows operating systems xp and vista.

Ed
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how? | Disk error when i boot using windows »