New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

photo problem for OS 9.1

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

redneckmac

redneckmac is on a distinguished road

hI I am new here butI am hoping that coming to you guys I can get it solved me and a friend are trying solve this problem he want to send me pictures over the email but he cant make it work I cant figure out why and neither can he so now i am trying to figure out what to do

So how do you send pictures from OS 9.1????

Is this problem fixable??? can he send pics without upgrading he is a devoted 9.1 user??? (while i use 10.1)

thanks
doug
QUOTE Thanks
phatsew

Well an email would need to be sent with the pictures.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

yea, is he using outlook? he makes a new email, and attaches pics. mail can recieve imaged emails from outlook and outlook express.
QUOTE Thanks
redneckmac

well he trys to take a Jpeg and put it on the email document but his whole computer freezes up at this point he cant even get to show up on the email document before the computer freezes he can get them on the computer he can forward picture but he cant take them from his personal computer and put them in an email and mail them to anybody he would rather not up grade if possible and really just want to send pics
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

What eMail program is he using?
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

and how much ram does he have? and how much is allocated to his mail app? in os 9, you have to manually adjust how much memory an apop is allowed to use. maybe its set too low.
QUOTE Thanks
Wapa18

why doesn't your friend upgrade to 9.2.2? it's not that different from 9.1, and it's free on apple's website. see if that helps the problem at all.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman
and how much ram does he have? and how much is allocated to his mail app? in os 9, you have to manually adjust how much memory an apop is allowed to use. maybe its set too low.
That's what I'm thinking as well.

To do this, quit the mail program and find its icon in the Finder (It's probably buried in the Applications folder of the hard disk.) Click it once select Get Info from the File menu

Select Memory from the popup menu in the Get Info window. You will see two boxes with numbers in them.

In the "Preferred" box, increase the number; try adding about 4000K to the number that's already there. You can add even more, but be careful not to go over the amount of free memory listed in the About This Computer window (in the Apple menu.)
QUOTE Thanks
redneckmac

he plans to to get tiger when it comes he is using yahoo for email and im and Internet exploer which i told is crap but anyway that is what he using but no i have a new question other then adobe do you know of anything that he get off the internet for 9.1 for picture editing he would rather download he is going to by tiger when it comes out in a few months
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« English To Chinese Translation | Need software recomendation for club »