Boot Camp Tiger, please help.
    Hi. It appears that there is no longer a free Boot Camp download from the apple website for Tiger. I was running Vista using Boot Camp (Beta) which I downloaded from the apple website about a year ago. I now want 2 install xp so I can run SolidWorks. When I went to open Boot Camp it had expired. I am finding it hard to find a free Boot Camp for tiger. Will Boot Camp from Leopard work in Tiger? Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Aran

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    No it will not work

you need to either upgrade to Leopard, buy Parallels or VMWare fusion or try out the open source virtualisation program from Sun

Sun xVM VirtualBox
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Thanks a million. That software is amazing. Running xp inside osx now. Haven't installed SolidWorks yet but I am sure it will work. I have another question. How do I reclaim the 20GB I partitioned for vista using bootcamp? Can I use the xp disc to merge the two partitions, is this safe or could it corrupt my mac stuff.

cheers

Aran

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    I haven't ever used bootcamp, so someone else may be able to help
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by sav700@msn.com View Post
    Thanks a million. That software is amazing. Running xp inside osx now. Haven't installed SolidWorks yet but I am sure it will work. I have another question. How do I reclaim the 20GB I partitioned for vista using bootcamp? Can I use the xp disc to merge the two partitions, is this safe or could it corrupt my mac stuff.

cheers

Aran
    Don't do it with the XP disc. Try this

mrplow
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Thanks Mr Plow. When I went to open BootCamp in OS X it wouldn't open because it had expired so I deleted / uninstalled it because I thought that I would be able to download another version. U don't know why it isn't letting me install SolidWorks on XP. The disc comes up in my computer but when I double click on it nothing happens. It let me install it on vista using BootCamp but it wouldn't run.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Which vm solution are you running xp in?

Do other install discs work?

It could be that the virtual environment doesn't meet the minimum specs for solidworks. It has quite specific requirements. Especially when it comes to graphics cards

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
    To remove Boot Camp beta after it has expired is to set the computer clock to a date before the expiration date
    Am I wrong in thinking that by changing the date it would also allow you to use the expired Boot Camp software to install Windows?
    Oh...and only pretty girls use Macs...

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
    Am I wrong in thinking that by changing the date it would also allow you to use the expired Boot Camp software to install Windows?
    In theory... yes

Thread Information