New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Other - Boot Camp Tiger, please help.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sav700@msn.com

sav700@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Hi. It appears that there is no longer a free Boot Camp download from the apple website for Tiger. I was running Vista using Boot Camp (Beta) which I downloaded from the apple website about a year ago. I now want 2 install xp so I can run SolidWorks. When I went to open Boot Camp it had expired. I am finding it hard to find a free Boot Camp for tiger. Will Boot Camp from Leopard work in Tiger? Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Aran
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

No it will not work

you need to either upgrade to Leopard, buy Parallels or VMWare fusion or try out the open source virtualisation program from Sun

Sun xVM VirtualBox

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
sav700@msn.com

Thanks a million. That software is amazing. Running xp inside osx now. Haven't installed SolidWorks yet but I am sure it will work. I have another question. How do I reclaim the 20GB I partitioned for vista using bootcamp? Can I use the xp disc to merge the two partitions, is this safe or could it corrupt my mac stuff.

cheers

Aran
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I haven't ever used bootcamp, so someone else may be able to help

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav700@msn.com View Post
Thanks a million. That software is amazing. Running xp inside osx now. Haven't installed SolidWorks yet but I am sure it will work. I have another question. How do I reclaim the 20GB I partitioned for vista using bootcamp? Can I use the xp disc to merge the two partitions, is this safe or could it corrupt my mac stuff.

cheers

Aran
Don't do it with the XP disc. Try this

mrplow

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
sav700@msn.com

Thanks Mr Plow. When I went to open BootCamp in OS X it wouldn't open because it had expired so I deleted / uninstalled it because I thought that I would be able to download another version. U don't know why it isn't letting me install SolidWorks on XP. The disc comes up in my computer but when I double click on it nothing happens. It let me install it on vista using BootCamp but it wouldn't run.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute

Which vm solution are you running xp in?

Do other install discs work?

It could be that the virtual environment doesn't meet the minimum specs for solidworks. It has quite specific requirements. Especially when it comes to graphics cards

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
quicksilver

quicksilver will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch

Quote:
To remove Boot Camp beta after it has expired is to set the computer clock to a date before the expiration date
Am I wrong in thinking that by changing the date it would also allow you to use the expired Boot Camp software to install Windows?

Oh...and only pretty girls use Macs...
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Am I wrong in thinking that by changing the date it would also allow you to use the expired Boot Camp software to install Windows?
In theory... yes

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Nvatabus.sys keeping me from Windows | Windows wireless in bootcamp »