New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Help with Corel Photo-Paint 8

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Denimgirl

Hi guys,
I am running Coral Photo-paint 8 Limited Edition on my trusty mac OS 9.0.4 but everytime I open the help files my computer freezes.
I've tried reinstalling it and deleting the prefs, but the same problem.

Does anyone have a fix for this or know of where I can download a user manual?

Ta in advance
Denim Girl
QUOTE Thanks
goodolebwinches

Painter 8 wants lots of RAM. I don't know how much RAM you have, and that may not even be the issue for you.
Here is a list of things it could be:

1. OS 9.0.4........you may need to move up to 9.2.2(download is free) and the firmware update for your system

2. You haven't run "disk utility" in a while.....maybe you should try running it.

3. Physical RAM/and or Virtual RAM in OS 9....might want to turn off the virtual and beef up the physical(this week PC100 128mb is $9.99 a stick at a store that rhymes with "Best Guy" this week).

Give your system specs:
1. System
2. G3 or G4
3. Amount of RAM
ETC.
QUOTE Thanks
Denimgirl

I've tried running my disk utility, disk first aid, conflict catcher etc etc to no avail.

My specs are:
iMac OS 9.0.4 DV 450mhz 64mb with VM on.

The photo-paint requires a recommended 20000 and I've given it 30000. I've also increased the memory on the helper application which can only run from within the program.

A few people have suggested I upgrade to 9.2.2, is this a complicated exercise? Do I lose any information that's already on my computer? Will I still be able to use all of my other applications? (questions, questions, questions, sorry about that...lol)

Regards
Denim Girl
QUOTE Thanks
Denimgirl

OK folks,

I went out and got more RAM....I have a total now of 192mb and this help file is still crashing my computer. I've tried it with VM on and with VM off.
Any ideas?

Denim Girl
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Upgrade your OS and no you shouldnt lose any data by upgrading, but you should always backup regardless if you are upgrading or not.. always backup!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I get rid of this? | Linux on your Mac »