New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows - Updating Leopard on my Macbook Pro Windows Vista x64

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

c.mason

c.mason is on a distinguished road

Just a quick one -

Installed my Vista X64 fine earlier on the Macbook Pro - however I am trying to update the drivers with the Leopard CD in order for the Macbook Pro to be able to connect to my wireless.

Having a problem when I insert the CD and it asks me to install now - however it asks me to get the updates online? Which I'm unable to do since the Macbook Pro isn't picking up the wireless.

Have had a Macbook before and realise I needed to update the drivers with the CD before it was able to to contact to wireless network (that was Win XP)...

Can anyone help? Thanks

C
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Attach an ethernet cable to your router from the MBP and download the updated drivers. Afterward you should be able to configure wireless with the newer drivers installed.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
c.mason

c.mason is on a distinguished road

Okey - installed the Leopard now however after the reboot when it tells me to Windows attempts to install the drivers and tells me it can't find the software on the disc?

So the Unidentified device/Ehternet Controller/Built-in iSight/Unidentified device all come up as "failed"...

Instead I manually downloaded the Broadcom wireless driver - and have been able to connect to wireless...however the MBP is working fine except the sound? The speakers + volume appear to be turned up to the maximum when booted in Windows however is SO low. I am starting to wonder maybe the sound driver didn't install correctly?

Does anyone know where I can manually install the sound driver for Leopard to put on my Windows Vista x64?

Thanks

C

p.s $25 to anyone who can fix this prob
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro Bluescreening when Leopard installing drivers for Win XP | Installing XP on MBP, Made Mistake »