New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Mp3

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Fomer

Not sure if this is the right place.

But one thing I love about computers, I'd coincider maybe my favorite feature. Is the having a bunch of mp3's and sitting back and listening to them without having to put in the cd to change bands.

Filesharing is neat, but it is evil. I have used it for over a year now on my windows machine. And I have just unistalled do the the fear of the RIAA. (side note: I have deleted all illegal mp3's and kazaa, if the RIAA caught me at one time using Kazaa can I still be held accountable. I didn't know it was illegal until all this fuss and muss and I am underage.)

And I find apple music store neat, but not neat enough to download songs I already have cd's of for .99 so my question is. Is there a type of program I could unburn a cd to my mac. Like pop in my cd and extract the files so they would then be stored on my mac.

This is one of those switcher factors I am still struggling with.

Also if I was forced to use the evil world of File Sharing on my Mac is it ok to download songs you have cds of or is that still illegal.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Actually you can burn your cd's to mp3's by using iTunes
QUOTE Thanks
Fomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
Actually you can burn your cd's to mp3's by using iTunes
Awesome, as always thanks for the very speedy reply.

If anyone has any knowledge of the RIAA thing I really need that answered as well, I been losing sleep over that. :sealed:
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all

They're not going to bother you, unless you are sharing the music.. the people that download music are the last people they'll go after and the first are the people sharing the music.. which if I remember correctly, is going to take a little over 1200 years or something like that
QUOTE Thanks
Fomer

Thanks for the reply. I didn't share music for the first 5 months. And then someone chewed me out for downloading and not sharing so I started. But overall I'd say I've had maybe 70 songs downloaded from me. But not in around 2 months and I don't have anything on my computer right now, I think I will be dead and gone in 1200 years.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Whoops guess I was wrong about how long it would take!

Here's a nice little link: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10733
QUOTE Thanks
Fomer

Awe even better I got another thousand years to plot my evil scheme.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Haha, They wont ever go after everyone, just the major guys who are sharing loads! like 10,000 or most songs.
QUOTE Thanks
JazzTrpt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomer
Is there a type of program I could unburn a cd to my mac. Like pop in my cd and extract the files so they would then be stored on my mac.
Insert whatever cd you wanna rip to your hard drive and open iTunes. Then just highlight all of the songs and drag it to whatever playlist you want. It starts ripping them into mp3 format for you! You can change the format and quality before you rip in iTunes prefs under "importing".
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Source: MacMinute.com

RIAA may have sued the wrong (Mac) person
September 24, 2003 - 19:15 EDT The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has withdrawn a lawsuit against a 66-year-old sculptor and Mac user who claims never to have downloaded a song or even file-sharing software. "Sarah Seabury Ward, of Newbury, Mass., and her husband use their computer to e-mail with children and grandchildren... They use a Macintosh, which cannot even run the Kazaa file-sharing service they are accused of using illegally," reports AP. Ward was one of 261 defendants sued by the recording industry this month for illegal Internet file-sharing. She was accused of illegally sharing more than 2,000 songs.

My Comments: Too funny.. makes you wonder
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Man they need to find something else to do with their time!
QUOTE Thanks
HopperJonusFang

How pathetic
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best P2P for mac MP3 | Yellow Dog Linux Problem »