New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows - Major issues after installing Windows via Boot Camp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rubydragon

Rubydragon is on a distinguished road

I was overjoyed after finally installing Windows Professional on my Mac (which, mind you, was a mission all on itself), however, as I started working with Windows, I noticed some serious problems.

Firstly, I found that my sound wasn't working at all. Secondly, I don't have an internet connection and have no idea how to even set it up. I normally use a wireless connection on this Mac, and never needed to set it up on a Windows, so I have no idea how to even begin. And lastly, whenever I drag the big blue bar on the top of a program (the title bar, I believe), it does so with immense lag.

I honestly have no idea what to do about these things, and the joy of finally having both Windows and Macs together coupled with these three issues has probably clouded my judgement. I will try to be less vague in the future. Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
smartyMAC

smartyMAC will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,

hmmm.. Seems like you havent installed the bootcamp drivers after installing windows.

+ Tri-BOOT MB +
MAC OS 10.5
Mandriva 2009
Windows 7 RC
QUOTE Thanks
Rubydragon

Rubydragon is on a distinguished road

And to install these, do we use the disks that came with the computer (I bought a Mac book pro) and install them on Windows, or Mac? I tried the first disk on Windows and got an error message telling me something like "The file "UPDATE" was not found.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows via Boot Camp Disc Error | windows scripting to append to files, import to registry and execute MSI packages? »