New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows - Boot Camp/Target disk mode help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Babyboi

Babyboi is on a distinguished road

Hi, recently I've been going through some troubles with my iMac. The problem is, whenever my firewire hard drive is plugged into my mac, the windows splash screen will show but never loads to windows. If i unplug the firewire, and then restart my computer into windows mode, it works just fine. I wonder if this has anything to do with Target disk mode, because i'm not quite sure how that works out either. Whenever I start my mac, i hold down the ALT key and i have 3 partitions to choose from: Mac, Windows, and another firewire icon. help, anyone?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X Drivers DVD.. Someone help | HELP! How do I install OS X on a Linux machine? »