Specs:
    Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
    Partitioning Disk help!
    Here's my problem.

I've previously installed both parallels and Vmware fusion. Already uninstalled them , also have repaired the disk and verify/repair disk permissions . But the problem still persists

Would really appreciate some help. Thanks!

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lytheil View Post
    Here's my problem.

I've previously installed both parallels and Vmware fusion. Already uninstalled them , also have repaired the disk and verify/repair disk permissions . But the problem still persists

Would really appreciate some help. Thanks!
    Here's what I recommend:

1) Reboot the machine (do not sleep and wake it, actually do a full shut down and restart)
    2) If you have any programs set to open upon login, make sure they are disabled for now.
    3) Run Disk Utility and do a verify and repair (if necessary) of the disk (not just the permissions).
    4) Reboot the machine once again.
    5) Open the Boot Camp Assistant and attempt to partition your volume. DO NOT PERFORM ANY OTHER ACTIONS DURING THIS TIME. No other programs should be open.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
    Tried that too. I've read most of the Disk partitioning help threads. Following what exactly they do. It still doesn't work.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lytheil View Post
    Tried that too. I've read most of the Disk partitioning help threads. Following what exactly they do. It still doesn't work.
    Not sure what else to recommend then. That message is caused by one of two things - disk corruption or an open program interfering with the volume being locked. If you've eliminated both as a possibility, it should work.

Maybe try creating another user account for testing purposes, log into that one and attempt the same.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Bah.. Tried that too. Anyone else have any ideas? Not willing to format my macbook. =(

Thread Information