New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

the infamous boot camp problem...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lukegilmour

Lukegilmour is on a distinguished road

ive been trying to install windows on my mini mac (leopard) with no success.

first i created a partition with boot camp, then when i tried to install windows, i got to the blue screen, copied the files, but then i get disk error when it reboots

in the apple page it says you must format that partition, but theres no place to do that, as the windows installer does not provide that option

i tried, too, making a new partition with the windows installer, but then it says that i have a missing or corrupt hall.dll file

so, in short, what should i do to get windows working on my mac?
QUOTE Thanks
Soulwar

Soulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306703
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Boo...tall-Setup.pdf

When all else fails, try everything!
The Rep System and you.
Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

QUOTE Thanks
Lukegilmour

yes ive seen those, thanks.

but the problem is i dont know how to format the partition, once you go into the blue screen, as it never asks you to do so!!!
QUOTE Thanks
lampshade_party

lampshade_party is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2 GHz Intel Core Duo Mac OS X 10.5.2

when you're in the boot camp assistant, you should come to a place where you select a partition to install Vista or XP on; when you click the partition you made for Windows, there should be a little tool bar like thing under the list of partitions and one of the options is format; hope that helps!

QUOTE Thanks
Lukegilmour

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade_party View Post
when you're in the boot camp assistant, you should come to a place where you select a partition to install Vista or XP on; when you click the partition you made for Windows, there should be a little tool bar like thing under the list of partitions and one of the options is format; hope that helps!
i cant happen to find that little tool bar

is there a screenshot available?

thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« bootcamp / fusion | Classic Media Players »