New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

MacBook Pro - Touch Pad Setup in Windows

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vining

vining is on a distinguished road

Ok, I figured out how to unclick the the check box and the answer to the problem dawned on me while reading my last post. When I read over the line about my Mac Pro mouse it clicked, plug that mouse into the USB port and then I'll have access to both left & right mouse clicked all be them reversed. Plug it in and both clicks work and I was able to un-check that darn check box. Why that took so long to think of is beyond me. I could have saved a few PSI on the blood pressure meter and whole lot of cursing MAC.

So I'm back to regular inadequate mouse pad operation but at least now it's useable.

So MAC, hows about some firmware or driver updates for this mouse pad to make it equal to the quality products I've grown used to when buying PC's.
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec1101 View Post
Basically, this is an Apple issue - their windows drivers for the mouse pad don't support tap-to-click. It's only suported in OSX. So, unless and until Apple (or some third party) releases an updated windows driver for the mouse pad it's not possible.
The tap-to-click worked for me when I used Parallels. Since it was a virtual operating system, ALL Apple drivers were automatically installed there. I suggest using Boot camp and living with it, though. Parallels totally blows.
QUOTE Thanks
ScienceDada

ScienceDada is on a distinguished road

For those who were complaining, RTFM.

The manual for Bootcamp 2.1 on Vista, p.18 "Right-Clicking" says
Quote:
Place two fingers on the trackpad and click the trackpad button
If there is one thing I can give to typical Linux and UNIX users, it is that they usually RTFM before they complain. But you guys should really give Apple more credit... if they go through the trouble of moving to Intel hardware and create an app like Bootcamp, they have most likely solved the "right mouse click" issue!
QUOTE Thanks
joec1101

joec1101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceDada View Post
For those who were complaining, RTFM.

The manual for Bootcamp 2.1 on Vista, p.18 "Right-Clicking" says

If there is one thing I can give to typical Linux and UNIX users, it is that they usually RTFM before they complain. But you guys should really give Apple more credit... if they go through the trouble of moving to Intel hardware and create an app like Bootcamp, they have most likely solved the "right mouse click" issue!
Yes, the right-click function does exist in BootCamp/Windows - it's the tap-to-click that everyone wants. It does not yet exist because there are no drivers for that functionality.
QUOTE Thanks
profjekyll

profjekyll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec1101 View Post
Yes, the right-click function does exist in BootCamp/Windows - it's the tap-to-click that everyone wants. It does not yet exist because there are no drivers for that functionality.
The tap to click feature would be easy for them to put in, however they have chosen not to. My speculation as to why they have not has led to to believe that it is to be awkward and to make you prefer OS x - perhaps this is a bit paranoid?
QUOTE Thanks
joec1101

joec1101 is on a distinguished road

*** UPDATE ***

For those interested:

The tap to click now works in Windows with the latest BootCamp 3.0 release which is on the Snow Leopard disk.

Both single finger tap for left click and double finger tap for right click are available. After installing the BootCamp 3.0 update, just go to BootCamp preferences in Windows and change the Trackpad settings.

I have only tried this with Windows XP Pro SP3, but I'm guessing it probably works with Vista and Win7 as well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need to install drivers without Leopard disc... | Mac can't read my slipstreamed XP Sp2 cd! »