Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ok, I figured out how to unclick the the check box and the answer to the problem dawned on me while reading my last post. When I read over the line about my Mac Pro mouse it clicked, plug that mouse into the USB port and then I'll have access to both left & right mouse clicked all be them reversed. Plug it in and both clicks work and I was able to un-check that darn check box. Why that took so long to think of is beyond me. I could have saved a few PSI on the blood pressure meter and whole lot of cursing MAC.

So I'm back to regular inadequate mouse pad operation but at least now it's useable.

So MAC, hows about some firmware or driver updates for this mouse pad to make it equal to the quality products I've grown used to when buying PC's.

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    Quote Originally Posted by joec1101 View Post
    Basically, this is an Apple issue - their windows drivers for the mouse pad don't support tap-to-click. It's only suported in OSX. So, unless and until Apple (or some third party) releases an updated windows driver for the mouse pad it's not possible.
    The tap-to-click worked for me when I used Parallels. Since it was a virtual operating system, ALL Apple drivers were automatically installed there. I suggest using Boot camp and living with it, though. Parallels totally blows.

Lightbulb Read the Manual... right click is 2 fingers and button
    For those who were complaining, RTFM.

The manual for Bootcamp 2.1 on Vista, p.18 "Right-Clicking" says
    Place two fingers on the trackpad and click the trackpad button
    If there is one thing I can give to typical Linux and UNIX users, it is that they usually RTFM before they complain. But you guys should really give Apple more credit... if they go through the trouble of moving to Intel hardware and create an app like Bootcamp, they have most likely solved the "right mouse click" issue!

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceDada View Post
    For those who were complaining, RTFM.

The manual for Bootcamp 2.1 on Vista, p.18 "Right-Clicking" says

If there is one thing I can give to typical Linux and UNIX users, it is that they usually RTFM before they complain. But you guys should really give Apple more credit... if they go through the trouble of moving to Intel hardware and create an app like Bootcamp, they have most likely solved the "right mouse click" issue!
    Yes, the right-click function does exist in BootCamp/Windows - it's the tap-to-click that everyone wants. It does not yet exist because there are no drivers for that functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by joec1101 View Post
    Yes, the right-click function does exist in BootCamp/Windows - it's the tap-to-click that everyone wants. It does not yet exist because there are no drivers for that functionality.
    The tap to click feature would be easy for them to put in, however they have chosen not to. My speculation as to why they have not has led to to believe that it is to be awkward and to make you prefer OS x - perhaps this is a bit paranoid?

*** UPDATE ***

For those interested:

The tap to click now works in Windows with the latest BootCamp 3.0 release which is on the Snow Leopard disk.

Both single finger tap for left click and double finger tap for right click are available. After installing the BootCamp 3.0 update, just go to BootCamp preferences in Windows and change the Trackpad settings.

I have only tried this with Windows XP Pro SP3, but I'm guessing it probably works with Vista and Win7 as well.

Thread Information