New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

MacBook Pro - Power issues w/ boot camp.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wezman2k

wezman2k is an unknown at this point

Hey guys, I've noticed that when I let my computer idle in windows, the monitor doesn't turn off after 3 mins as set in the power options. It's set like this both when it's plugged in and running off the battery.

What's the deal?
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

did u install the drivers off the leopard cd for bootcamp inside xp/vistA?

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
wezman2k

of course, everything is installed and everything works fine. the **** monitor just won't turn off. i've had this problem with multiple copies of windows and i don't understand it.
QUOTE Thanks
wezman2k

anyone else have this issue?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezman2k View Post
Hey guys, I've noticed that when I let my computer idle in windows, the monitor doesn't turn off after 3 mins as set in the power options. It's set like this both when it's plugged in and running off the battery.

What's the deal?
This can happen if something is running in the background preventing the monitor going into power saver mode. Do a control-alt-delete while in Windows in order to bring up the Task Manager and see if you can spot something that might be running.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
wezman2k

i'm really not sure. everything in there looks to be normal or at least isn't causing any other problems.

this is really irritating i wish it would just shut off automatically after a few minutes. i've had this problem with multiple installations/copies of windows.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Booting Priority | linux PVR maybe myth »