New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Printing from Fusion - How???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

Can anyone who has managed to print from say MS Word or Excel running on XP under Fusion on a mac take me through exactly the steps they took to get it to work. I've now had three attempts all ending in failure. The first time, following a tutorial I found on the Fusion website, I managed to print from XP to my HP printer (connected by ethernet to my Netgear wireless router) using Bonjour, but then I could no longer print from any mac application. My latter two attempts I have not even managed to print from XP at all. It's a real pain having to save stuff, and reload it to NeoOffice to print. There has to be a better way that works and someone out there must have done it. So guys....

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
kolevich

kolevich is on a distinguished road

I had the similar problem with Parallels Desktop.
But guide (Knowledge Base) on Parallels official web-site has helped me to solve this problem.. I'm not sure it will suit for VMWare however... Don't know Fusion's specific, unfortunately..
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough

Bump. Anyone?

QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

http://mylearn1.vmware.com/MgrReg/pl...an=3193&ui=www

My son and I followed this video. He can now now print fromhis MS office to my printer on my Mac from his Macbook

The video is easy to follow . Just download the Bonjour driver for windows via apple... It's all in the video

Good luck

Now with Leopard

I was Member of the month April 08
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Kilted - Thanks for your reply. I've tried following this twice (to the letter I thought) and although I could then print from Xp I could no longer print from OSX. I'll try again, very carefully, and report back.

QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Having now updated to 10.5, I tried once more to print from XP under Fusion. I've followed the Fusion video tutorial, shared the printer on the mac, run Bonjour, set Fusion network mode to Bridged but still no joy. Specifically when printing from XP I get 'Error' in the status field on the printer screen. ANyone had this problem and solved it?

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Will a Mac book pro run Flight sim X in boot camp? | Lock people out from booting into windows from bootcamp »