New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Ethernet/Network Driver

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mocking_Bird

Mocking_Bird is on a distinguished road

Hi,

first of all sorry if there's already such a thread but my english is not the best and I have a hard time reading through all the other threads. I got a MacBook A1181 and recently my brother installed Windows XP SP2. Unfortunately now there are some drivers missing like the ethernet, PCI or network driver, but since he's on vacation I don't know which software he used to install Windows. I googled a little bit and found out that usually "Bootcamp" is used for this. I already downloaded it, but all I got was a .dmg file, which only can be used witch Mac OS and I can't find the right version, since there are several of them.

I hope someone could explain me how or where I can download the drivers or which "BootCamp" version I have to use.

Regards Mocking_Bird
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Boot Camp is something that comes built in with version 10.5 of OS X. If Leopard came preinstalled on your machine, then what you need to do is pop in your restore discs and the drivers will be on there. If you have a retail Leopard disc, then pop that in.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Mocking_Bird

Mocking_Bird is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the answer, but I don't have those CDs anymore, is there any other way to install them?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes in vista | I broke 3 Macs trying to install XP via Boot camp...please help!! »