New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

OS 10.5 - Can't connect to internet on WindowsXP?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SouthA

SouthA is on a distinguished road

I recently upgraded to leopard and installed WindowsXP Pro. Everything worked out great except.... I can't connect to the internet while in Windows. It works just perfectly when I boot up MacOS but, not Windows. What exactly, do I need to do to fix this? Any help is a appreciated, THANKS
QUOTE Thanks
Chris3d

Chris3d is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15", 2GB RAM

Did you install the Bootcamp drivers? The hardware in your mac (the ethernet port / NIC in this case) needs those drivers in order to operate to it's fullest potential under Windows. That would be a very simple fix. Hope it helps
QUOTE Thanks
rdsii64

rdsii64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3d View Post
Did you install the Bootcamp drivers? The hardware in your mac (the ethernet port / NIC in this case) needs those drivers in order to operate to it's fullest potential under Windows. That would be a very simple fix. Hope it helps
I would be willing to bet that your problem is a driver issue. With that being said, unless you HAVE to have internet access when you boot into windows I would confine your internet use to when you are using the Mac OS. I don't mean this to be some kind of windows bashing post but your mallware vulnerability drops considerably when you go from windows to something different. Now if you need to have connectivity in windows As stated before, it sounds like you windows installation needs the correct drivers.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best Parallel For Fruity Loops or Adobe Audition | Bootcamp & Wireless Keyboard/Mouse »