New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Problem Installing XP using Boot camp on MBP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

XBD

XBD is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, having a problem where I can start installing my version of XP SP2, and can set partitions and everything and it begins installing but then when it requires me to reboot and then continue installing XP it instead turns to a black screen after it has rebooted and the MBP quickly just starts overheating and the cd stops, the screen still staying black.

Anyone have any solutions to offer?
Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
maccernow

maccernow can only hope to improve

You sure its sp2 and also sure the disk not faulty ??
QUOTE Thanks
XBD

Yup, it is SP2 and installed properly on my old PC
QUOTE Thanks
XBD

Hope someone can help out, it took forever to get my newly purchased Leopard disc installed, now having problems with this!
QUOTE Thanks
maccernow

maccernow can only hope to improve

If this happens power down and restart the machine. keep the power button pressed down until it powers down and then power on again. That might take you back into the installation. Also dont press any keys when it says press "any key to boot from cd "...hope that helps.
QUOTE Thanks
XBD

Thanks for the reply maccernow, fortunately enough I fixed my own problem! I was just making an error during setup.
QUOTE Thanks
joeyaudio

joeyaudio is on a distinguished road

What error were you making, because it might help those of us still lost in this problem.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Removing OS from VM Fusion | Any way to access my Mac Pro from my Windows Laptop? »