New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

OS 10.5 - Vista Home Premium Booting Problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Y D K

Y D K is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

Complete novice to Macs in general and the whole concept of dual booting here, and first time poster.

I bought a copy of Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit after being advised by a pal that works in I.T. so I could dual boot it with my MacBook Pro.

The O/S seems to load fine however when I try to load the drivers from the OS X disc I get a couple of errors;

Status Starting Services:
Service: Key Agent

Status Starting Services:
Service: Mac HAL

Both of these seem to fail when I run the disc, however everything else seems to install properly and Windows even acknowledges the install was successful. I am using an admin account to install the drivers obviously however I'm still receiving this error? Can anyone shed any light?

Also Vista doesn't seem to be picking up my Wireless Router at all, OS X picked it up straight away so it's definitely working, however Windows returns a statement declaring there are no available networks when I try to set it up?

Also right click functionality according to the Boot Camp manual doesn't appear to be working either? I'm aware there is third party software to fix this but is it necessary?

I know these are probably really simple questions but as I say I'm a complte novice to Macs so please humour me lol.

Thanks in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
Y D K

Can nobody help me on this then?

I really want to get Vista up and running on my Mac and these problems seem to be inhibiting my progress.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

While in Vista, try the Apple Software Update. Have heard there were some new drivers issued for the 64 bit version in Jan. Don't know if this will solve your issue, but worth a try.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
PartTimeFRM

PartTimeFRM is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

My Boot Camp installation and setup guide says that it will only support 32-bit versions of Windows.

"Get-er-done"
QUOTE Thanks
Y D K

It's not even letting me connect to the Internet in Vista, it's saying there's no networking hardware.

Help!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Been reading on other sites, 64 bit VISTA works with new MBPs??? | Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X Public Beta Testing »