New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Trackman Wheel Wouldn't Scroll :(

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

solvent_d

solvent_d is on a distinguished road

hi,

i'm a couple of hours new to mac (just got a MBP 2.4GHz running on Leopard OS X) and would otherwise be happy getting used to the switch if not for the fact that my logitech trackman wheel can't seem to scroll at all. i've tried it on a pc and it to work beautifully.

troubleshooting with Logitech Control Center, USB Overdrive, etc only seems to make things worse because they effectively disable my middle button as well.

anyone with a trackman or has ever experienced this phenomenon able to help?

yours,
mark
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Is there any way you can post a picture of your mouse? I get confused to no end by the names Logitech uses. I have 2 Trackman Marble Wheel's and both work fine under Leopard or Tiger. Wheel scrolls. Center button works.
QUOTE Thanks
solvent_d

>>>dtravis7, there you go!

can i check if you just plug-and-played both your trackmans?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Plug and Play on my one system for sure. I think a long time back I messed with one of the drivers from Logitech but right now it all works stock out of the box with 10.5.2 Leopard on my 1.8Ghz G4 Power Mac.

By the way I have the slightly older version of that very Logitech.
QUOTE Thanks
solvent_d

well, thanks for that anyway, travis.

after much forum searching and troubleshooting, nothing seems to work--and i seem to be the only person who is experiencing such a weird problem. think i might get another trackman and see how that goes.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by solvent_d View Post
well, thanks for that anyway, travis.

after much forum searching and troubleshooting, nothing seems to work--and i seem to be the only person who is experiencing such a weird problem. think i might get another trackman and see how that goes.
Let us know what ends up happening. I love that Trackman. Have 2 of them. Did it do this when you first got the MBP before you messed with other drivers?

The only time I had issues with the center button not doing what I wanted was with OSX 10.2 Jaguar and the Logitech driver took care of that.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Did you make sure you have the latest version of the Logitech driver ? I saw Logitech update in rapid succession their drivers for OS X Leopard recently.

Also maybe you could give SteerMouse a whirl. You might have to get rid of USB Overdrive first though.

A wild guess here... Do you have a lot of USB peripherals ? I'm asking because about 6 months ago, I found out a USB 2.0 hub was creating a conflict with my Apple Alu keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks
solvent_d

>>> HeadCase, from logitech's website, i gathered that the latest driver comes bundled in their Logitech Control Center. i downloaded the latest one only to realise that it more than impended on m trackman--not only did the scroll not work, but it limited my middle button's function on Opera. (i've yet to test the middle button on my architecture programmes, but we'll see in time...)

and no, the only USB peripheral i have attached is the trackman. haha... like i said, i was a mere hour new to my macbook, so the only thing i plugged into it was the trackman.

until i find another trackman (because i <3 it so much), i'm getting used to scrolling with the trackpad

tks for the response, everyone!
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Did you try SteerMouse ?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Playing games off of ATV? | TV on my Mac? »