New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

MacBook - mighty mouse like pc mouse?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iPlayLax

iPlayLax is on a distinguished road

on a pc mouse you can click down the trackwheel and move the mouse up and it will go to the top of the page fairly fast..is there a way to do that on my mighty mouse?
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPlayLax View Post
on a pc mouse you can click down the trackwheel and move the mouse up and it will go to the top of the page fairly fast..is there a way to do that on my mighty mouse?
Not every PC mouse will do that. You must be referring to a specific model with a specific driver that has this support. As far as I know, Mighty Mouse will not do that.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
srmorris2

srmorris2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.2 Ghz 2GB Ram 120 GB HD

I tried to find a way to do this with the mighty mouse and could not succed.

-Scuba Steve-
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

That's one thing I really miss about my old mouse, but I really like my MM, so I do without. After well over a year, I still try to do it sometimes and get Dashboard!

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
alwilson

alwilson is on a distinguished road

i believe you can set your mouse so that dashboard doesnt come up when pressed

look in system prefereences
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connecting Macbook to TV | External monitor »