New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

External monitor or MackBook Pro - general advice question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

huski

huski is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I browsed through the forum and found a lot of threads related to external monitors, etc. Nevertheless, I decided to ask the question... Recently I been thinking about getting an Apple laptop. The point is that had enough M**** systems, constant reinstalling, cleaning registry, software incompatibilities, etc. Think than in March I should be able to spend around 1KŁ on my new laptop. I'm weighting the options between getting a MacBook and MacBook Pro. As I use my laptop mainly for writing, reading, net n music, watching movies the hardware of MB seems to be OK, the minus is that 13" screen is just killing me, I can't imaging myself sitting in front of this 13" all the time. What I'm thinking is that I could get the MacBook and external screen, I seen prices on Apple website and those are quite beyond my reach. Was thinking about getting nice LCD from HP or similar, my question to you? Is it good solution, does it work fine, how about any extra cables n setup? The only point behind my decision to get mac is to save the time which right now I've to devote for normal maintenance, etc. On the other hand I could possible stretch a little my budget n get MackBook Pro, but frankly the only reason behind it will be bigger screen, it seems quite unreasonable to pay much more just for 2", as both hardware configurations seem fine for me. Maybe someone could give me some advice, if the external screen is good and hassle-free solution? Or maybe should I dig deeper in my pocket to get Pro as it is incomparably better?

Regards
Huski
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

You can buy macbook to LCD cables from apple or third parties, so buying a non apple display is most definitely not a problem

do you live anywhere near an apple store
QUOTE Thanks
tmorgan1689

tmorgan1689 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb

I have a 19" widescreen display from Acer that I use on my Macbook with DVI connection and it works great. Its not as sharp as the Macbook screen but it is a budget display. I've heard great reviews about the Samsung displays.

Macbook 2.16/2gb/160gb
32gb iPhone 3GS
8gb Black iPod Nano 3rd Gen
QUOTE Thanks
brady1027

brady1027 is on a distinguished road

i would not pay the extra money to get hardware that you dont really need. i use a mac book with a 17 inch screen with the mini dvi to vga adapter and clarity is great no different than using the screen with a desktop
QUOTE Thanks
reko

reko is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorgan1689 View Post
I have a 19" widescreen display from Acer that I use on my Macbook with DVI connection and it works great. Its not as sharp as the Macbook screen but it is a budget display. I've heard great reviews about the Samsung displays.
my setup with notes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21244970@N04/2247222877/
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Speaker Problem | Problem with Apple keyboard M7803 »