New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Pro Mouse stopped working...need help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chris041067

Ok so i took my powerbook and my usb pro mouse to class today, worked with both of them and they worked fine. Then i came home and plugged the mouse into my USB keyboard like i always do, and it didnt light up. So i figured it might be a bad connection and i tried it again. nothing. then i tried in every other USB port i could find. Nothing. Dead. All my other USB stuff works fine.

Only thing i can think of is being in my backpack might have either bent the cord in some weird way or shook the mouse around too much and made something come loose. I have a feeling it might have something do do with the cord though because i can see spots where it has stretched/bent a little over time (ive had the mouse for a good 2 years, its seen alot of use, and also i FOUND the mouse in a stack of stuff about to be thrown away)

Anyways, does anyone have any ideas on what i could do to maybe find out what the problem is, or even repair it? On the other hand, if it can't be repaired, would it be wise to invest in a new wireless mouse? how have your experiences been with them? Thanks for any help.
QUOTE Thanks
iSheep

Can't help you with your current mouse, but I can help you with the Bluetooth one.

I love mine. It's name is Bill (the keyboard's called Ben), I have never changed the battery since I got it 3 weeks ago and the battery life indicator is still at its max level. It's quick and responsive - if you leave it for 5 minutes, then it just takes a sec to wake up again, but during normal-day-to-day usage you don't notice any delay.

Plus, the main thing: it's really, really, really sexy. You get some amazing looks from people when they see a mouse, a notebook and no stupid wires or a little wireless receiver box.
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

It's probably the surface you were working on. It happened on my desk before I got a mousepad.

Was the surface non-textured? If so, it's probably the surface. Optical mice need textured/patterned surfaces to function properly.

I think this is the problem, if not, you need a new mouse.

Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« All work and no play makes Mac go crappy? | Stupid HP »