New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Which keyboard?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

m1k

Hey,

I was going to get an iCurve for my PowerBook to raise the screen to eye level. I already have the Apple USB mouse, so all I need is a keyboard. What do you guys think? I could get the Apple USB keyboard, the BlueTooth Apple keyboard, the TactilePro... I really don't know.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
iSheep

I've got Apple's Wireless Keyboard and it's great. Really easy to setup. There is a very tiny slightly delay which you notice if you use the keyboard on the PowerBook and then switch to the keyboard, but it really isn't that bad. I'm really happy with it, but if you really don't think you like the wirelessness then just use the USB keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

http://www.logitech.com/
http://www.microsoft.com/
They make some of the best keyboards/mice.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

I'm personally lusting after the Tactile Pro or the Kensington version. Rubber membrane keyboards (Like the current Apple ones) are okay, but mechanical spring switches give the best feel. Just my opinion.
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

Yeah, I was wondering about the Tactile Pro. It feels like I'm getting less work done on my PowerBook's keyboard than on my PC's old Microsoft noisy keyboard . Does it really make that much of a difference?

Also, is there really that much delay on the wireless keyboard? I'm probably going to be doing quite a bit of gaming, so would I notice that much of a difference?

Finally, I heard Logitech is now selling a 'laser mouse' with 20x the resolution normal optical mice use now. Do you guys have any experience with this laser mouse?

Thanks again, you guys have been really helpful.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1k
Finally, I heard Logitech is now selling a 'laser mouse' with 20x the resolution normal optical mice use now. Do you guys have any experience with this laser mouse?

Thanks again, you guys have been really helpful.
Yeah, you can use it on a mirror! And umm, thats about all.
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

Ahh, I'll be sure to get one! I always use my PowerBook sideways on my bathroom mirror, it's one of my pleasures in life!

So it doesn't make that much difference, eh?
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Unless your desk is made of a mirror, and you like to decapitate your eyes with lasers (because it will melt your eye very slowly) then you might as well get the MX 510.
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

I don't really need a new mouse, I have a new Apple USB mouse and it works fine. I don't really suffer from a lack of right-click, and it'll go better aesthetically with either the Apple keyboard, the Apple BT keyboard or the TactilePro.

But I might just get it for the hell of it. Non-right click is annoying as hell in games.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« CD boot troubles after upgrade | New Xserver SuperCluster »