New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Mounting drives, perian and DivX on an tv

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Wheeljack

Wheeljack will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.53GHz, 6GB of RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 500GB (late 2008)

Ok so here's the deal:

I have an exernal hdd with over 150GB of videos in DivX format. I use Perian on my MacBook to play them back, and display its associated subtitle track (.srt).

I was wondering if there's a way to install Perian (ans possibly Flip4Mac to) in the tv and mount the shared drive in order to access all the content.

With my dad's MacBook Pro I set an alias to my shared drive and use Front Row to watch all my videos on the TV.

The new tv seems like a pretty good option if I can do these things.

 Wheeljack
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Back when I was looking into the AppleTV, I found that what you're asking for is possible through some software hacks. Unfortunately, these hacks violate the EULA, and as such, I can't provide links or go into specifics here at Mac-Forums. However, you will be sure to find plenty of information if you do a Google search for AppleTV hacks.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Wheeljack

Wheeljack will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.53GHz, 6GB of RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 500GB (late 2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Back when I was looking into the AppleTV, I found that what you're asking for is possible through some software hacks. Unfortunately, these hacks violate the EULA, and as such, I can't provide links or go into specifics here at Mac-Forums. However, you will be sure to find plenty of information if you do a Google search for AppleTV hacks.
Thanks, I'll look into that.

 Wheeljack
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PS3 Cable Issue.. HELP?! | Cell phone permission issues with Macbook »