New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Xbox360 probs

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Chimpur

Chimpur is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: See Signature

Just wanted to know how many of you have xbox360s and have had problems with them. I got my 360 in march 07. It ran great, I've bought about 15-20 games or so in the past year and a bit. I had no problems until early this month. The system started giving me disc errors and slow loading times. Te discs were all fine... spotless even. So i called tech support sent it in and less than a week after sending their box to them i got the replacement system. The replacement system was kinda dirty looking and rattles a bit when u moved it around... anyways after about 3 min setting it up ... 3 red lights! omg! I've now sent that system back in. The supervisor on the phone sent me pgr3 as "consolation for your troubles" and agreed to give me "one of the best" consoles they have.... whats that mean??? Ok this is getting long, what do you people think of this? Has this happened to you or someone you know???
QUOTE Thanks
James-

James- will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen

Well my have had my 360 since last christmas and it has been sent back once. But the service was great (supriseing for Microsoft) and they have updated it to 3 years warranty on every once so thats a plus

"What you know you know, what you don't ant worth knowing!" Me
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Not just anything goes in Anything Goes*
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

My son-in-law is on his second replacement.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

I unno.... doesnt sound that comforting....
QUOTE Thanks
leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

I sent in my xbox 360 cause of the red ring of death. They shipped it out via UPS... this was back in July. It is now January, and I still haven't received it yet.

Bismillah ihr Rhman ihr Raheem

The only way to truly learn and gain experience is from making mistakes.
Thats why I'm a friggin genius.
QUOTE Thanks
SmokingFetus

SmokingFetus is an unknown at this point

On my third right now.

BTW that rattling is the sensor for console positioning. So the console knows how to orientate the ring
QUOTE Thanks
NoVARaif

NoVARaif is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 200GB, Smokin! :)

I've been through at least 3 each 360 console replacements (by MicroShaft ) since I bought my original console on initial release.
QUOTE Thanks
MegaRoss

MegaRoss has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Microsoft did shoot themself in the foot, just got my 360 with the new chipset (the elite), I still reckon the PS3 was all gimmicks, overpriced and has, compared to the 360 and the wii, a shocking range of games.

Most of my freinds are on their second 360.

Man of much music.
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

I bought one refurbished. Within a month I got the ring of death. It was able to work again after that. It only had a 90 day warranty and wasn't sure if the 3 year extension applied to me. After reading all the problems people were having, I sold it on Craigslist and bought a PS3. I couldn't be happier.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

If this unit fail I'll have a few games to sell some people! I'll switch to ps3 if they shaft me again..... If only apple'd make a gaming machine.. then it would also prolly have some different ways of integrating with ipods and macs.... maybe like ann apple tv with stronger graphics and processor! Too bad apple isnt really interested in gaming
QUOTE Thanks
WasabiTaylor

WasabiTaylor is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse

I'm in the process if sending mine back right this very minute. Anyone remember where I'm supposed to write that code the agent gives you over the phone? I was getting so annoyed with the girl I kind of stopped listening...
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

I taped it to the side of the box with t he supplied tape
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need Help Installing External DVD Burner | Why wont you CONNECT!! »