New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

The Best All In One Printer For The Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I am shopping for a new all in one printer for my mac book pro and would
like to keep it wireless and i saw the hp has one with ethernet and wondered
if this would work with an airport extreme i am already using the usb for
a hard drive.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I would get one of those new Samsung models selling exclusively through Apple right now, but I don't know if it's wireless.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Reaperman

Reaperman is on a distinguished road

Hi. I have a Lexmark all in one (P6250)..... having previously owned Epson printers. I think I will be going back to Epson shortly.

Reaperman
QUOTE Thanks
jvette

jvette is on a distinguished road

I have to vote for the Canon mp610. Very affordable and great quality. I got it when I first got my Imac and have been very happy with it. I use it to scan photos into the Imac and for general photo and text printing.
QUOTE Thanks
verdejt

verdejt will become famous soon enough

I have the Lexmark P6250 and can't get the scanner to work. I do have an Epson R220 that seems to print fine. Anybody have any experience with the Epson RX680. I want to ability to use an all in one with my iMac. I don't have a problem buying a new scanner if needed but would really like a all in one.

iMac 20"
iPod 5th Gen
iPod Touch 4g
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I have the Kodak 5300. Great printer, cheap ink.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
anmoldagreat

anmoldagreat has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i have a canon mp series and i just bought my dad a mx printer for xmas
the high end mx does great wirelessly and has built in card reader, fax, and does a decent job at photos

highly recommended.

macbook pro. 2007wfp. 40d. 17-55 2.8. e71. etc...
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Lexmark have released drivers for this model scanner and Leopard, which may be worth a try. Here is the link:-

http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-per...OS%20X&target=
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Have a C5100 series HP, use it connected to the router via ethernet and share it with my Win and Mac machines, both wired and wireless.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
jah

jah will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
C5100 series HP.
it dosnt have duplex
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

is there one that will allow you to print and scan wireless.i saw hp had a
ethernet all in one but have had no experience with hp.
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

I have an HP 3210 all in one and I can print and scan wireless. It is one of the best printers ive ever used.
QUOTE Thanks
jennymac

jennymac will become famous soon enough

I have a Canon Pixma MP610 that is a great printer - except it won't scan with the Mac. I've read several posts here and there about this problem. Too bad, otherwise a nice printer. I'll have to look at some of these alternatives.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

I finally found one that would do it all the HP 6380 networking
so far so good ink is cheaper than the Epson and it will scan,copy
and print all through airport extreme.
QUOTE Thanks
jennymac

jennymac will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennymac View Post
I have a Canon Pixma MP610 that is a great printer - except it won't scan with the Mac. I've read several posts here and there about this problem. Too bad, otherwise a nice printer. I'll have to look at some of these alternatives.
Update - I had the usb cable from the Pixma (the only port available on the MP610) going
directly from the printer to my Airport Extreme. Finally, I found out if I connect the USB cable printer to the iMac, I can print AND SCAN (which is all I was trying to do) on the iMac, but then can't print from the MacBook. Neither Canon (which I had to pay for tech support, grrr, or Apple was able to help).

I'm using all the USB ports on the iMac (keyboard, mouse and camera) and it only has three.

So the semi-solution is to connect the USB to the iMac if I want to Scan and then switch it back to the Airport Extreme in order to print from both printers. I probably can also get a USB hub, so I don't have to switch - maybe. Either way, it's annoying. I also have an external HD and my computer cables are totally out of control as it is. I really don't want yet another unit that I have to have even more cables!

Printer sharing only addresses the printing and not scanning. Hope this made sense. So the Canon Pixma series is great for one printer, but a pain with anything wireless. So when the Pixma 610 (and no doubt the others) say compatible with Mac, be forewarned. One Mac yes, two, no.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Issue with Epson Artisan 800 and Airport | Brother DCP-115C printing slow and really tiny fonts and pages.. »