New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

When will b emac's turn

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

The mac 13

Since the imac were upgraded, when will b emac's turn? any idea?
QUOTE Thanks
the_New_guy

the_New_guy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;

g5 should be out soon.

Mac OSX is the bomb :bomb:
The Gadget Cast Gadgets.in
QUOTE Thanks
Nightblade

Look at it this way. The iMac G5 is very compact, so obviously Apple achieved their goal of putting a G5 processor in a small computer, right? Not entirely. A PowerBook would be even more compact than an iMac G5, and they still can't make the processor THAT compact. However, an eMac is a CRT computer that's not small at all, and MUCH less compact than an iMac G5. Even though Apple apparently doesn't have the technology yet to make a PowerBook G5, they almost certainly do have the technology to make an eMac G5.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I'd be very surprised if Apple puts a G5 in an emac anytime in the near future. I personally think that the emac in it's current form is done with, if it's not just discontinues altogether.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb
I'd be very surprised if Apple puts a G5 in an emac anytime in the near future. I personally think that the emac in it's current form is done with, if it's not just discontinues altogether.
Ya dude. Acordint to http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ its has about 20 days plus plus for its proodcut update.. hmm..since emacs are crt, imac becames"cinema display" macs, i think that the next emac, wil look like a cinema display. interesting..

Off note, guess what? i just instaled sp 2!lol :mad: :p
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I was talking to a guy at an apple store and he says apple is trying to phase out the eMac so they won't be doing any more upgrades to them

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

The eMac will be burnt with a flame-thrower, shot with an M-60, and toasted in Steve Job's toaster.

Oddly, his toaster is shaped like a cube...
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
I was talking to a guy at an apple store and he says apple is trying to phase out the eMac so they won't be doing any more upgrades to them
Man thats sad.. no more cheap macs(desktop)

Sp2..hmm.. at first restart slows down comp.. after many restarts no prob..change its start up screen.. weird.. :p
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Zero
The eMac will be burnt with a flame-thrower, shot with an M-60, and toasted in Steve Job's toaster.

Oddly, his toaster is shaped like a cube...
Hmm...I see your point...
Maybe a small, cubic, screenless and inexpensive entry-level Mac?
Would be great, and surely get Apple a lot of new customers.

I was thinking about the next eMac being the same as the iMac G5, but without the screen. Same housing, standing as slimline tower, the slot-in side being the front, and the connectors moved... that would be really cool!

sidenote@The mac 13:
Do you really seriously think that anybody here cares about SP2??? Did you realize that this is a Mac forum??
I mean, I'm a "hybrid" user (means i use Macs and PC) but if I want to discuss Win stuff, I go to a Win forum...obviously...
QUOTE Thanks
Badger

Mac Os Rumors (www.macosrumors.com) predicts that the eMac will be speed bumped, with more features and more graphics performance. IMO I don't see Apple dropping the only entry-level & education market machine that they have. To compete in those markets they would have to come up with a comparable machine at a similar price point. The current eMac can easily be updated.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger
Mac Os Rumors (www.macosrumors.com) predicts that the eMac will be speed bumped, with more features and more graphics performance. IMO I don't see Apple dropping the only entry-level & education market machine that they have. To compete in those markets they would have to come up with a comparable machine at a similar price point. The current eMac can easily be updated.
ahahahaha
ahahaha
AHAHAHAH

I don't think MacOS rumors is a good source... they seem to never get anything right... :-\
QUOTE Thanks
VastDeathmaster

I think Apple will hang onto the eMac just to have a system they can trot out every time someone complains that Apple doesn't sell inexpense computers. Right now, you can't get any other Apple computer for less than $1100 unless you go dumpster diving or find one used. Now, if Apple can sell its iBinFramed computer for sub $1000 then they might get rid of the eMac.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iSight Quality...? | New DVD-R for my Quicksilver. »