New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

OS 10.5 - Right button / better mouse

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ricky55

Ricky55 is on a distinguished road

Moved recently from PC's to Macs, have I a MBP and an Imac and I really enjoy using them both.

My only complaint is the mighty mouse, I have a wired and wireless version and they are both poor. The tracking isn't the best and the right click is terrible.

What do you guys use?

Do you use just a single click and use the control key with a click for your right clicks or do you use a different mouse, if so which would you recommend?

Or do you think the mighty mouse is ok?

Thanks

Ricky55
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

You can pretty much use any mouse on the mac. The more complicated functions of some mice might need drivers, but out of the box, all of them work. The mighty mouse takes some time getting used to, at least the right click part of it. I used the mighty mouse for over a year until I got my pen tablet.
QUOTE Thanks
Ricky55

What did you do for the right clicks? Use control click or keep trying with the mighty mouse right click?
QUOTE Thanks
Bluegrass

Bluegrass will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display

When I switched to Mac's I just used my existing mouse. It is a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2 and it works great. I also use a MS notebook wireless laser mouse 6000 when traveling with my Macbook Pro.
QUOTE Thanks
jacintosh

jacintosh can only hope to improve

Double tap the trackpad for the right click function. Dump the mouse! This comes from a former pc user and a 5 button mouse! It's amazing how quick you can become once you get used to the shortcuts and the scrolling with two fingers and double tapping for the contextual tab.
QUOTE Thanks
NPuter

NPuter is a jewel in the roughNPuter is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky55 View Post
What did you do for the right clicks? Use control click or keep trying with the mighty mouse right click?
the mighty mouse is touch/heat/whatever sensative.. to right click, you need to completly lift your finger off the left side of the mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacintosh View Post
Double tap the trackpad for the right click function. Dump the mouse! This comes from a former pc user and a 5 button mouse! It's amazing how quick you can become once you get used to the shortcuts and the scrolling with two fingers and double tapping for the contextual tab.
by double tab, he means tap the trackpad with two fingers.

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."
QUOTE Thanks
jacintosh

jacintosh can only hope to improve

Thanks for the clarification.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to proper forum - Not a software OS X Operating System question but is for hardware*
QUOTE Thanks
Ricky55

thanks for the tips.

I might try a standard USB mouse like you did bluegrass
QUOTE Thanks
NPuter

NPuter is a jewel in the roughNPuter is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP

good idea...
I was looking to get the mighty mouse, but there are way too many cheaper, better, nicer mice out there.

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."
QUOTE Thanks
ki99

ki99 is a jewel in the roughki99 is a jewel in the roughki99 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP

i believe the mighty mouse is a love it or hate it kind of thing. but i would recommend getting a cheap microsoft mouse. now i know you might be in that "haha no microsoft in the house!" kind of stage a lot of people do with their first macs. but microsoft does in fact know how to make comfortable good mice. and i'm pretty sure all microsoft mice should work driver free no problem.
QUOTE Thanks
MACyMouse

MACyMouse has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs

I'm using a basic Logitech Optical mouse... wireless... no probs. I never did like Mac Meeses
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

Yep. For a software company, Microsoft makes surprisingly good hardware!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

I use a corded Mighty Mouse on 3 of my Macs and a Logitech V270 Bluetooth when I want to sit back and relax and not be tied to the computer.

I have no issues Right clicking on any of my Mighty Mice. It just takes some practice.

Logitech mice have always worked great for me but there are some very good mice from Microsoft also.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My Mighty Mouse not so Mighty right now | setting up a playstation 3 using a eyetv hybrid »