New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Anyone here using a graphics tablet on their mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

drgrafix

drgrafix is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac Aluminum/2.8GHz/500GB/6MB/Lacie Quadra1TBTM,MBPro13 wSSD, AirportX, iPhone4G,ATV1

Reason I ask is that I have my Wacom ArtZ12x12 and its serial... well, I've had it for some time. But it has the wireless pen, and I love using it when the opportunity presents itself. I suppose I could get a serial to USB cable?

Without Curiosity, Intelligence Is Nonexistent
Aging Grandpa drives a Supercharged Ford SVT Lightning & Mini Cooper-S Turbo
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

I don't currently use one, but I should be getting one sometime soon. I am pretty excited.
QUOTE Thanks
Migraine

Migraine is on a distinguished road

I just dumped all my spare change into a CoinStar machine and with the money I ordered Leopard and a Wacom Bamboo Fun (Medium). However, I'm a newbie to graphics tablets but I hear that Wacom makes the best ones.

Quote:
I suppose I could get a serial to USB cable?
I own a Magellian Gold GPS which uses a serial connection for the PC. I was able to go to my local Fry's Electronics store and find an adapter for cheap. You should look for one yourself before dumping your Wacom for a new one, it would be a lot cheaper.
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

I've been using one for the past two months now. Really amazing. I use my Bamboo pen for everything. Coupled with Leopard's excellent voice commands, it's a pleasure to navigate through the mac.

Here's my review of the bamboo: http://mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79264
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

just so yo know migraine that coinstar machines take a percentage of your money where as commerce bank does not... so if you have one by you you will get to keep all of your money and not give any to somebody else to count it for you.

back on topic, I use a graphics tablet every day, for graphics work also for my regular mouse when I am on that particular computer. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything else.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Cherokee

Cherokee is a jewel in the roughCherokee is a jewel in the rough

I have an Wacom intuos3 6x8 tablet. You will have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands.

If you are looking for a new one, I would recommend an intuos3 over any other tablet Wacom makes. Their less expensive tablets are alright for general stuff, but in a professional setting, the intous series is where it's at. They are much more sensitive and accurate. The extra programmable buttons are a real bonus, as well.

I'm really happy with my 6x8. I personally don't feel the need to have a larger one. I have considered the 6x11 for the widescreen aspect, but I don't see myself getting one. Maybe when the intous4 comes out.

iMac - 2.4 C2D - 4GB RAM | MacBook - 2.0 C2D - 2GB RAM | AirPort Extreme Base Station
QUOTE Thanks
drgrafix

Mac Specs: 24" iMac Aluminum/2.8GHz/500GB/6MB/Lacie Quadra1TBTM,MBPro13 wSSD, AirportX, iPhone4G,ATV1

So Wacom is still king, but is anyone aware of whether the 12 X 12 ArtZ will work on a Mac? They have drivers for OS9 on Wacom's website, so does that mean it'll (maybe) work on Leopard?

QUOTE Thanks
Migraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4 View Post
just so yo know migraine that coinstar machines take a percentage of your money where as commerce bank does not... so if you have one by you you will get to keep all of your money and not give any to somebody else to count it for you.
Yes, if you want cash for your change CoinStar charges 8%! But, if you opt for a Amazon or other giftcard from CoinStar there are NO service charges! So I knew I wanted a couple of things that Amazon sells so I choose the gift card to buy them and as a bonus promotion CoinStar & Amazon offered a $10 off gift card on top of it too! Pretty sweet deal.
QUOTE Thanks
Migraine

Hey guys,

I just got my Wacom Bamboo Fun Medium yesturday. I'm pretty excited but I hear that it takes about 2 weeks to adapt to using a tablet. I disconnected my normal mouse and am only using the Pen to navigate when I'm not trying to draw with it.

Just curiuos how long it took most of you to adapt to it. I have a 6x8 (Medium) and I almost fell it's too big for my 17" LCD. Any other suggestions or exercises I can do to speed up my familiarity with my new Wacom?

Also, what does CLICK LOCK do in the Pen options?

TIA
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

Took me about a week to adjust to it. Now I can't live without it.
QUOTE Thanks
drgrafix

Well, I got my iMac last week and I'm "accessorizing"; added memory, Lacie 1TB, LogiTech KB/M (coming). I emailed Wacom today and asked if I can use my ArtZ 12"X12" with wireless pen. The big issue would be drivers and then I'd have to get a serial to USB cable (easy). Otherwise, I can probably sell it on eBay and get a newer one. I know it'd work with older macs.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Formating an New Harddrive | External Hard Drive Questions »