New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Dual Display Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Eyenovation

Greetings all.
Before you flame me, I am a recent switcher.
I am making preparations for my new G4 like a family awaits a baby.

I am trying to figure out the best way to go dual display. Perhaps it's not even worth it for me to do so. My question is in the way OSX behaves towards dual display setups.

On my windoze box, it works like this:

I can have a ton of windows open on my monitor, but the Start bar STAYS within the monitor on the left, recognizing it as its own seperate boundary. Though I could select it as an option, the start bar does not continue all the way across the screen.

Thus, when I expand two programs I am working in, it does not expand to fit the entire combined resolution, but rather expands to fit within the confines of the monitor it resides in.

Does anyone know how a Mac behaves with dual monitors?
Is it the same?

Thanks for any help in getting me 'switched'.
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyenovation
Greetings all.
Before you flame me, I am a recent switcher.
I am making preparations for my new G4 like a family awaits a baby.

I am trying to figure out the best way to go dual display. Perhaps it's not even worth it for me to do so. My question is in the way OSX behaves towards dual display setups.

On my windoze box, it works like this:

I can have a ton of windows open on my monitor, but the Start bar STAYS within the monitor on the left, recognizing it as its own seperate boundary. Though I could select it as an option, the start bar does not continue all the way across the screen.

Thus, when I expand two programs I am working in, it does not expand to fit the entire combined resolution, but rather expands to fit within the confines of the monitor it resides in.

Does anyone know how a Mac behaves with dual monitors?
Is it the same?

Thanks for any help in getting me 'switched'.
the mac simply extends the desktop with the dual monitors, I have connected other monitors to my powerbook, and it keeps the native resolution of the lcd panel of the monitor, and it operates the other monitor at whatever native resolution it supports. You can mirror the monitors if you wish through the display panels. It does extend the desktop across the two displays, and the applications can lie across the two displays as well. I have never experimented with the dock on a boundary, but im assuming it can lie across a boundary as well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless Encryption | 2 20 inch displays or 1 23 ?? »