New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Ordered an iSight...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Yep, so I ordered one. It's so cool, I was just chatting with a friend who has one and saw the video, it's so cool!

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Congrats .

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

How much $ it cost ya? I think ive gota get one 2
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
How much $ it cost ya? I think ive gota get one 2
Well it's $149....but the quality is so good on it, I think it's worth it.

QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

Yeah, I wanna get one too. The quality looks phenominal. Firewire really makes a big difference. Plus all the "auto" features of it makes it pretty cool. Let me know when you get it so I can get a feed off ya to see what it's like. Wonder how good it will be with a capped upload speed.

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

Yeah, that's my thought also. I get 3000kb down and I think it's 256 kb up. We will see though. I know my friend's video was the best I've ever seen from a web cam.

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

Well my iSight has arrived and it seems to be working great. iChat AV is still a little buggy, but it's not bad.

So who else is using iChat AV?

QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

i have an iBot and it works great

QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

Just ordered one today, and I should have it middle of next week. I just tried 1-way with schweb and the quality is phenominal. Can't wait to see the camera.

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

how would you guys grade the iSight. ive been very interested in it but not sure i want to fork 150 for it. my powerbook can handle the requirements and i have an excellent connection.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

It really is awesome. I love it. The quality is great, especially when used with iChat AV. It's not so hot with Yahoo, but that's clearly a Yahoo problem. I've also used it with EvoCam and the quality is awesome. I think it's worth the money.

QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold

i think i will go out to the apple store in a few hours and pick one up
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb
It's not so hot with Yahoo, but that's clearly a Yahoo problem. I've also used it with EvoCam and the quality is awesome. I think it's worth the money.
my iBot works well with yahoo :p

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

You know I've talked to two friends at the same location. One with iSight and one with the iBot both using the same connection and iChat AV. There is definitely a difference in quality. The iSight picture was much clearer and brigher than the iBot. ;-)

QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

just got home and set up my iSight on my powerbook. god i love the look of my setup right now. ive got my 15" powerbook with a 17" lcd to the right of it (its silver so it goes good with it) and then the silver iSight to add to the awesomeness. i have to learn to spend money on other things instead of computer stuff but its too much fun
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Custom Paint jobs for Powerbooks iBooks and iPods | What should I put on my external HD to free up space?? »