New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

MacBook - External Moniter

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacBookie

MacBookie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook. 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2GB ram. 120GB HD. 250 GB external. Mac OSX 2.5 Leopard

So I'd like an external monitor for my macbook.

Since the MacBook has integrated graphics, whats the highest resolution it can display? Would it be high enough for say, a 24'' monitor?

BTW, I'm running 2 gigs of ram.
Thanks.

You don't need a reason to help people.
MacBook. 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2GB ram. 120GB HD. 250 GB external. Mac OSX 2.5 Leopard.
Mac User since 6/07 ^_^
QUOTE Thanks
proxy

proxy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb

hi i got a hd tv for my macbook to run in to and the best rez that i have it running at is 1360x768 there are other rez that it will run at but most seam to strech or distort the display and i use mine for photoshop and graphic work so i can not be working on a steched display
QUOTE Thanks
Ron21

Ron21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBookie View Post
So I'd like an external monitor for my macbook.

Since the MacBook has integrated graphics, whats the highest resolution it can display? Would it be high enough for say, a 24'' monitor?

BTW, I'm running 2 gigs of ram.
Thanks.
I'm using a dell 20in at 1680x1050, works perfectly.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

http://support.apple.com/specs/macbo..._mid_2007.html
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist View Post
Which, does not seem to have the specs on what resolution of external monitor a macbook can drive.

Mine drives a Samsung 22" widescreen LCD at 1680x1250. I think the biggest monitor the Macbook can drive at it's native resolution is the one down from the Apple 30" Cinema Display. Which means you probably won't want to get one of those, but then again aren't those about US$900? That kind of cash, and you probably have a MBP (and a Ferrari, a mansion, a solid gold refrigerator with an ice maker that makes smaller solid gold refrigerators, and a supermodel wife/movie star husband depending on which is your preference ) and a dang good reason to have them.
QUOTE Thanks
Ron21

Ron21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerj View Post
Which, does not seem to have the specs on what resolution of external monitor a macbook can drive.

Mine drives a Samsung 22" widescreen LCD at 1680x1250. I think the biggest monitor the Macbook can drive at it's native resolution is the one down from the Apple 30" Cinema Display. Which means you probably won't want to get one of those, but then again aren't those about US$900? That kind of cash, and you probably have a MBP (and a Ferrari, a mansion, a solid gold refrigerator with an ice maker that makes smaller solid gold refrigerators, and a supermodel wife/movie star husband depending on which is your preference ) and a dang good reason to have them.
Graphics and video support

* Intel GMA 950 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory3
* Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 1920 by 1200 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
* Built-in iSight camera
* Mini-DVI port
* DVI output using mini-DVI to DVI adapter (sold separately)
* VGA output using mini-DVI to VGA adapter (sold separately)
* Composite and S-video output using mini-DVI to video adapter (sold separately)
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

Well, okay so I didn't see that. I'm at work and we have a software freeze so people are getting stressed. So there you have it.
QUOTE Thanks
MacBookie

MacBookie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook. 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2GB ram. 120GB HD. 250 GB external. Mac OSX 2.5 Leopard

So, I'm buying an external monitor for my MacBook and, since I'm kinda cheap and/or poor, I'd like to use it as my televison too. I have a very small apartment.

I've found a USB tuner I like but, I'm trying to figure out how to connect my PS2 to the monitor via VGA.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

You don't need a reason to help people.
MacBook. 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2GB ram. 120GB HD. 250 GB external. Mac OSX 2.5 Leopard.
Mac User since 6/07 ^_^
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mighty Mouse Vs Other Options | Mighty Mouse »