New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Looking to buy.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ShillAT

ShillAT has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!

I'm looking to buy a large display for my MBP. But I have a few questions:

1) Supposing I have an external keyboard as well, can I keep my MBP closed while working on my MBP while using the external display?

2) Are there displays that have standard TV input 'holes?' Or rather, something that I could hook up a game system to?

3) Is there such a display that I could hunt down for less that $500?

"You can play your electric guitar but it ain’t gonna change the world
You can get all emotional on me and cry like a little girl"
-Electric Six- Rock 'n Roll Evacuation- Señor Smoke
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Yes, you can run your Mac with the screen closed. You just have to have a monitor and the power brick plugged in. You just close the LCd, the computer goes to sleep, then hit a key on your keyboard to wake it up in closed mode.

I have an incorrectable visual impairment and a tight budget, so for me it was more screen for less money. The best deal I could find was a Dell 22" monitor for $269. It's not the highest quality, not for movies, but it's fine for regular computer use. Linky

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
ShillAT

Thanks--Do you know if it has standard TV input jacks, or any other way to hook up a game system?

I couldn't find any composite (or whatever the exact name is) input ports, so unless there's some sort of adapter, I doubt I'd be able to hook up my wii to it.....

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I don't know any monitors that have those kind of inputs, and probably definitely not for under $500. You can get a converter though.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
ShillAT

really? do you know the specific name for the converter so I can search for a converter more accurately?

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Dell makes a couple of monitors with video inputs for connecting other video sources including component connections, starting at the 24" size.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HDTV problem | Error 50 prevents printer installation »